A few Kotor2 questions

I'm not ready to jump into the mods yet. I want to play the game through again with a dark-sider and maybe another light side character. I also wanted to experiment with converting some of my companions to the dark side. Lets see if Darth Brianna wants to play evil naked twister in the storage hanger or if Visas can be turned into an ice queen. I also didn't use HK-47 after building him except for the dialog and info. gathering. I was so looking forward to Bao chin-checking Canderous with a bionic left hook.

I think I encountered a good case of beginners luck my first time around because of the number of light sabers I acquired. I acquired the following before going to Malachor V:

- Long and short sabers for my exile character

- Short saber for Kreia

- Long and short sabers for Hand Maiden

- Long and short sabers for Visas

- Freedon Nadd's short saber

- 4 additional long sabers

- 3 dual bladed sabers

I configured each of the equipped short sabers with ion upgrade (botton right side box in the upgrade screen) and blaster deflection goodies. The equipped long sabers had upgrades related to damage, criticals, and stun on hit. Atton and Mira were converted to Jedi but were kept as ranged dps members sporting blaster pistols. Bao never made it to Jedi conversion and used a Gamorrean Axe. Canderous was melee and used a Sith Tremor Sword and Zabrak Vibroblade (both blades had upgrades).

I'm not ready to jump into the mods yet. I want to play the game through again with a dark-sider and maybe another light side character. I also wanted to experiment with converting some of my companions to the dark side. Lets see if Darth Brianna wants to play evil naked twister in the storage hanger or if Visas can be turned into an ice queen. I also didn't use HK-47 after building him except for the dialog and info. gathering. I was so looking forward to Bao chin-checking Canderous with a bionic left hook.

I think I encountered a good case of beginners luck my first time around because of the number of light sabers I acquired. I acquired the following before going to Malachor V:

- Long and short sabers for my exile character

- Short saber for Kreia

- Long and short sabers for Hand Maiden

- Long and short sabers for Visas

- Freedon Nadd's short saber

- 4 additional long sabers

- 3 dual bladed sabers

Wow! You *found* all this? That's insane. I'm currently halfway through my third planet and I have yet to find my first regular lightsaber. (save for the one I built of course)

I got a dual bladed in Vogga's secret room and a short saber was given to me by Vrook I believe, that's it. But since I despise short and double-bladed lightsabers...

Do you remember at what point exactly you were able to equip Kreia, Visas and Brianna with their lightsabers? I know lightsabers tend to turn up at the end of the game for me, when it doesn't matter anymore...

And as I said earlier, I insist on choosing the color of the blade for each of my Jedi companions.

Sidenote: I assume you already know that you get a slightly different set of characters depending on your gender and alignment? (you don't get Mira with a dark-sider and don't get Biranna with a female)

Edited by Togruta

Yeah I kept getting them... it was pretty strange. The Jedi master rescued on Dantooine gave me a short saber. On Nar Shaddaa the Jedi master gave me a short saber. The human male that was living in the warehouse area, same area as the Bith Scientist, gave me a long saber for finding his wife. I believe I got a short and a long saber on Dxun from the Sith who attacked the Mandalorian ruins. I believe the black guy, captain what's-his-face, on Onderon, gave me a long saber. I got a dual bladed saber from one of the sith who attacked me on my first trip to Onderon. Canderous' doctor friend on Onderon gave me a saber (long or dual bladed I can't remember). I can't remember how many I got on Korriban.

I believe there was a dialog option during the fight with Atris about the light saber. I skipped over it and picked a different dialog option. So there may have been another saber that I skipped over. Don't forget the first long saber that Bao-Dur creates. I'm missing some of the other points where sabers were acquired.

I've been reading a little and found that I don't get certain companions based on the sex of the exile and force affinity. From what I've read the male exiles get the entourage of ladies. Mira seems to be quite aware of the sexual tension and the jockeying of the other women. However, female exiles get disciple, Atton, Bao, Mandalore. However, I don't think Canderous is the romantic type or the type to part with his battle armor. I think the Wookie is only available if one is dark side. Sexual tension between Atton and Bao-Dur competing for the romantic hot spot with a female exile sounds like there would be a good bit of slap-stick humor going on. Bao-Dur being as limp as one can be, Atton being as bi-polar as one can be, Disciple strikes me as being posh thus a limp fellow, and Kreia playing mommy sounds quite strange.

Edited by jedi_mantis

Yeah, that makes sense...

Lootra generally gives you a lightsaber part for finding his wife, but I imagine you had already built your lightsaber by then. I also seem to remember recieving a saber from that quack doctor. The Sith assassins on Dxun also make sense (especially if you exploit the fact that they spawn indefinitely).

But I still consider that to be late into the game, especially if your intention is to give one to each of your companions.

When I said that lightsabers were less readily available than in the first game, it was more relative, I guess. The supply/demand ratio is not in your favor since you need at least 6 lightsabers, preferably as early as your first post-Telos planet. If you think about it, in Kotor 1 you didn't even need to find lightsabers since all your force-sensitive NPC already came equipped with one...

The game developers should have taken into account the fact that you need more extra sabers and made them more readily available...

----------------------------------

You can still get Mira in a DS playthrough if you 1). refrain from gaining DS points until you meet her. 2). manipulate your alignment by editing your save and then restore it.

Mira is pretty hot as a Dark Jedi :lol:

But since you have yet to explore the DS storyline, I guess you'll want to get to know the walking carpet...

Disciple is a wimp but has an interesting backstory. Overall, I liked the chemistry the male Exile has with his female entourage better (and Kreia's remarks about it)

Edited by Togruta

The Restoration mod is highly recommended if you plan to play Dark side male Exile. The chicks will then eventually literally fight over the Exile.

hehe... sounds like some good drama.

So I decided to build a female dark-side guardian named Dirty Diana. I'm still undecided on which of the two prestige paths I want to take: Sith Lord or Marauder. Ms. Dirty will be melee centric with two light sabers. I'm leaning toward picking up the Repair class skill so I can get a good amount of components per item break down. I'm use to disarming/recovering mines and handling security challenges on my player character so that I don't have to continuously swap teammates around. So, playing a guardian with fewer starting skills might become annoying after playing a sentinel. I'm interested in using force storm, death field, choke and some light side powers. I also want to get my hands on CON 18 implants early on. Although, I don't think they will be available until I get off Peragus. Given the above description would the following be a good base to start with:

[Attribs]

STR = 14

DEX = 12

CON = 16

INT = 14

WIS = 10

CHA = 10

[skills]

Demolition = 3

Awareness = 3

Persuasion = 3

Treat Injury = 3

I would put my first attribute points into CON, and then add points to STR. I'm wondering if the above starting stats would be poorly placed if I want to pursue the Sith Lord path given that the Sith Lord is a caster heavy prestige class and I'm starting with a low WIS and CHA. If I go down the Sith Marauder path I think it would be best to stick with pumping STR only or pumping STR with 1-2 extra points dumped into CON.

After I get the above started and off Peragus I'm thinking of starting another light-side sentinel and pursuing the Jedi Master prestige class. I haven't decided on male or female yet. The gender will probably be decided by my experience with Dirty D.

Having picked it up recently - but played plenty of KotOR and NWN.

I found CON mostly pointless - never got hurt enough to need the extra vitality and never died even on my first play - except possibly for the flexibility the implants might offer (but keep in mind that the 6-8 points spend in con will never be returned). The Weapon Master prestige class might have helped me out a bit by giving enough feats to be able to spend some in the toughness line - but even for other classes this might be preferable to (over) spending points in constitution.

(but keep in mind that the 6-8 points spend in con will never be returned).

With 14 base constitution, you need to spend 3 hard points in constitution with a LS character (HK gives +1 con to a total of 18).

On a DS character, you only need to spend ONE point in constitution during level ups because you get +2 con from Hanharr +1 from HK.

Seeing how universal D gives 12 attribute points, and the physical/mental give +9, it's simply stupid NOT to go for 18 con unless you want to reach the highest possible maximum force DC.

So I decided to build a female dark-side guardian named Dirty Diana. I'm still undecided on which of the two prestige paths I want to take: Sith Lord or Marauder. Ms. Dirty will be melee centric with two light sabers. I'm leaning toward picking up the Repair class skill so I can get a good amount of components per item break down. I'm use to disarming/recovering mines and handling security challenges on my player character so that I don't have to continuously swap teammates around. So, playing a guardian with fewer starting skills might become annoying after playing a sentinel. I'm interested in using force storm, death field, choke and some light side powers. I also want to get my hands on CON 18 implants early on. Although, I don't think they will be available until I get off Peragus. Given the above description would the following be a good base to start with:

[Attribs]

STR = 14

DEX = 12

CON = 16

INT = 14

WIS = 10

CHA = 10

Guardian/Sith lord is a bad combination, sith lord simply doesn't give you anything worth taking, whereas sith marauder is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) prestige classes.

If you want to make a caster/melee hybrid, start with consular (+4 to force DC) and pick marauder at lvl 15.

Also on DS female your defense will be meaningless, so you might as well go all STR, leave dex at 8. No matter what your jedi is, wisdom should always be 14, nothing below that at least. Like I said earlier, you only need con of 15 (although it's more optimal to leave it at 14 and spending one point in it during level ups), because you get +3 hard con (counts toward implants) during the game.

Edited by The Cow King

(but keep in mind that the 6-8 points spend in con will never be returned).

With 14 base constitution, you need to spend 3 hard points in constitution with a LS character (HK gives +1 con to a total of 18).

You get +1 CON from HK? I don't know that path, but I suppose it's going to take you more then a few DS options to gain enough influence for it.

With 10 base, 4 more points are reuired to get it to 14 first. You don't need more then 10 CON for hitpoints, only for the implants, so that leaves 7 points to invest, not 3 (if you manage to get the CON from HK).

On a DS character, you only need to spend ONE point in constitution during level ups because you get +2 con from Hanharr +1 from HK.

If you get 3 for free, I am still counting 5 points, but that at least might be worth it.

Seeing how universal D gives 12 attribute points, and the physical/mental give +9, it's simply stupid NOT to go for 18 con unless you want to reach the highest possible maximum force DC.

Not really, +2 in all attribs, but the points in INT are fairly useless (doesn't count when leveling up and the dialogue options are few and far between), as is the bonus to CON. Depending on play style - fighter or caster - either the bonus to WIS or STR is going to be less effective - which essentially leaves you with a +2 boost in 3 stats, which is only 6 useful points. The +3 implant suffers a similar defect, either the CON or the INT boost is wasted, with -again- only 6 usefull bonus attribute point.

So, at least for lightsiders, you spend more attribute points then you get back. But the OP is planning a DS-er so that might be enough - provided you're lucky enough to find the implants that make it worthwhile.

Edited by MalaksBane

Thanks for the replies guys/gals. My DS female is lvl 17 Sith Marauder with 18 CON (hard points) and dark side mastery. Telos and Dantooine are done and I'm some where midway into Nar Shaddaa, but no Hanharr yet. Atton is fully dark side but I haven't converted him to a Jedi yet. I guess I haven't lost enough influence with Disciple yet because he won't reveal his secret.

I will most likely install the restoration project mod(s), which may require me to drop and restart this character. I'm finding the dark side a lot harder to play as compared to a straight-up goody-goody light sider. I've had to tread a lot more carefully through the dialog options so as to not pick up light side points. Especially once I hit darkside mastery. Also, some of the cruel acts don't give many dark side points or prompt an influence response. Many of the dialog paths for a dark sider seem goofy, or as the Cow King put it "e-thug". Also, taking the dark path doesn't seem like the character is becoming consumed by lust for power. It seems they become a cheap thug who will do pretty much anything for money. It just seems out of character of the dark jedi of the movies. I picture dark jedi being much more cunning and manipulative versus thuggish and intimidating.

What I have found mildly comical is how Kreia manipulates Disciple aka little jedi.

Thanks for the replies guys/gals. My DS female is lvl 17 Sith Marauder with 18 CON (hard points) and dark side mastery. Telos and Dantooine are done and I'm some where midway into Nar Shaddaa, but no Hanharr yet. Atton is fully dark side but I haven't converted him to a Jedi yet. I guess I haven't lost enough influence with Disciple yet because he won't reveal his secret.

You should be able to convert Disciple on the spot before you even left the room where you meet him. Like Mira, he's convertable through dialog options. You can use the influence guide I gave you a link to, but figuring out the answers is not that hard.

I will most likely install the restoration project mod(s), which may require me to drop and restart this character.

Starting a new game is strongly advised when using this mod, anyway (it's easy to understand why). I just finished a playthrough with it. It IS a terrific mod. It pretty much restores the game close to the state it was originally supposed to be in, before LucasArts decided to rape it...

I'm finding the dark side a lot harder to play as compared to a straight-up goody-goody light sider. I've had to tread a lot more carefully through the dialog options so as to not pick up light side points. Especially once I hit darkside mastery. Also, some of the cruel acts don't give many dark side points or prompt an influence response. Many of the dialog paths for a dark sider seem goofy, or as the Cow King put it "e-thug". Also, taking the dark path doesn't seem like the character is becoming consumed by lust for power. It seems they become a cheap thug who will do pretty much anything for money. It just seems out of character of the dark jedi of the movies. I picture dark jedi being much more cunning and manipulative versus thuggish and intimidating.

What I have found mildly comical is how Kreia manipulates Disciple aka little jedi.

Yeah, I believe the dark side path is supposed to be more comical than anything. It pretty much turns the game into GTA in space. The dark side path in KotOR 1 ended up being a lot well, darker when you had to

exterminate your companions.

The problem when playing dark side is that your force-sensitive companions are influenced by LS dialog options or acts (except Atton), which means you have to pick up LS points if you want to convert them... (unless you turn them into Jedi of opposite alignment, but that makes no sense to me storywise... plus you don't get to see your NPC's cool dark facial features). As a result, you gain Dark Mastery much later than you gain Light Mastery. I gained Light Mastery as soon as I landed on Nar Shaddaa as 1st planet, and DS mastery only on Dxun as my 2nd planet...

Edited by Togruta