Laptop Gaming Blues

Tel Aviv

Having just read Hurlshot's laptop thread I figured I'd make my own instead of derailing his. Frankly, I'm a little out of my depth. Alls I'm interested in is a laptop that can handle the GOGs catalogue. Yesteryears games, The Witcher at a push. I have a pretty modest budget,

I'm not a laptop expert but from reading around, the ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 isn't very well liked by people for running modern games. SC2 playable on low-medium & low fps, that sort of thing. However, since that's not what you're interested in .... in terms of video at least, it's probably more than fine. The rest...I couldn't really say. It sounds good enough for general/some multimedia use, tho.

I think HP might be a bit over-priced in general tho....but I don't know much about brand quality vs. pricing for laptops.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 1 month later...

When I'm traveling on the road I have an HP Pavilion dv8. I don't remember the exact model number and I don't feel like looking. I got it because I get a nice hefty discount through my employer. For the most part, I'm happy with it. Though, it's obvious when it starts chugging with the newer games.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

My hp pav dv5 is beginning its decline as a gaming PC after 2 years of heavy use. It's currently doing decent with Divinity II, but I don't expect it'll do very well with The Witcher 2 or most 2011 releases. Can't afford anything new for a while, though...