Fire QA team who over saw New Vegas

EkuquoL

FO:NV, I'm having a hard time not chucking the disc against the wall right now. Between an auto-save function that goes "corrupt" often, to my most recent issue of being able walk around fine but the moment a weapon is fired by anyone, the game locks up and freezes! What the heck?! I'm 15th lvl and I'm a little OCD when it comes to clearing a location of stuff. A lot of time and energy spent on a game I can't continue. Where is the QA/QC here guys? I was so excited about this game, and like Alpha Protocol, its been a HUGE disappointment. I really feel like this is strike 2. As a consumer I've all but lost faith in Obsidian. Help me understand what's happening and why I shouldn't write this company off as dead to me.

AP could have been a great game. That 1st. level was fantastic and each of the possible builds were affective in there own special ways. The potential for game play style showed wonderful promise. As the game went on, not so much.

FO:NV should have been held until the basics were clean. A save system that doesn't work?! How can you let a game out the door like that? I replay a game happily when its fun, starting over because of a fatal error/bug that won't let you continue?!? Why would I want that? This is truly the first time I've ever considered using GameStops trade in policy for store credit on a new game purchase. I'm the kind of guy that's always spoken out against that kind of thing. I haven't felt this bad about a game I really wanted to enjoy (but the game wouldn't let me) since Dagger Fall. A game that scared me so bad I skipped Morrowind. Why spend money on frustration and disappointment? I don't have so much of it that I can just shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well". Has Bioware really become the only dependable developer out there?

I hear you, Archer. And I've got to say again, that whatever corporate culture says on this point, gamers demand answers.

Come on, lads. Switch the **** on. Tell us what's going on. Keep us updated. Let us know you care, because I can't believe that you don't.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hear you, Archer. And I've got to say again, that whatever corporate culture says on this point, gamers demand answers.

Come on, lads. Switch the **** on. Tell us what's going on. Keep us updated. Let us know you care, because I can't believe that you don't.

Nicely summed up Wals :) ....I have to think that Bethesda won't let Obsidian say anything about what may or may not be in the works for NV. I didn't know Obsidian before NV so I don't know there policy on things of this nature, but Bethesda on the other hand, well there general order is to remain silent for as long as possible.

Am replaying FO3 now. Or I should say trying to. Mean time to crash to desktop is 3.53 minutes. *bitter angry laughing*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Am replaying FO3 now. Or I should say trying to. Mean time to crash to desktop is 3.53 minutes. *bitter angry laughing*

FO3 keeps crashing out on you?

Why yes it does! Did my mentioning it on almost every part of the forum catch your eye?

Makes me laugh after the way Troika is buried under a headstone saying 'bugs'. Now, some bugs are OK. But this many? I'm not exaggerating when I say it won't work on my machine after 5 minutes.

Having said that, New vegas seems to have settled down and works pretty well. Provided I turn all the water effects off.

I wonder if the problems are to do with the terrain having two levels? Things like radscorpions get stuck into the lower level and stroll around. Someone said the water is on a hidden lower level in some tiles. Could this be the problem?

-Elwood Blues

That sucks hard, I went back to FO3 for a bit an found it ran better than NV....no not trying to rub it in mate.

With the newest patch NV so far seems to be running a bit better but I have spent most of my time since the patch in the Sierra Madre though so it maybe to early to really tell. I can say the DLC runs as smoothly as FO3 does for me.

I actually had so many crashes with Fallout 3 (with the first DLC installed, that I forgot the name of) that I quit playing the game altogether. I never bothered with the rest of the DLC because the crashing was so bad.

Fallout: New Vegas started off very good for me, but by the time I reached the White Glove society, it was crashing like crazy again (especially in the bath house downstairs). But for some reason it has stopped crashing at all now, and I have not had a single crash in Dead money.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The bath house is a very specific bug to do with the people in there trying to swim or something like that. There was a fix up somewhere and I think it simply reduced the water level so that they couldn't swim, hehe. Was actually surprised that it wasn't fixed in the latest patch.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yup. After Dead Money, New Vegas has been good as gold. Old world gold...

I'm still trying to debug old skool Fallout 3.

-Elwood Blues