BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

ME2 was in pretty much every way superior to ME1. Better art direction, better combat mechanics, better writing and characters.

I am inclined to agree that Mass Effect 2 was superior to the original. I can understand arguing that it was a worse RPG, but not that it was a worse game.

Maybe the writing was better, but the story got really stupid with all the retconning and plot holes.

I'd point them all out (again), but you can easily just read Shamus Young's take on it.

I almost care enough to go through those and refute the, at least 2/3s, that are complete bs or nitpicking. (Which is why I didn't reply earlier). Obviously the ME novels do fill in some of the background, which probably plays into some of those. Some are just wrong, and some are exceptionally crude strawmanning.

Pity, since there are genuine issues that he brings up. Too bad there's so much bs on the channel the real stuff gets lost.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I hope Paragon Shepards will (finally) receive the option to (brutally) kill the Council in ME3 (preferably by Renegade interrupt) if they will still be all "lulz, teh Reaperz don't exist", which I expect they will be.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

my thoughts:

i loved mass effect 2, mass effect 1 was pretty good. kotor 1 was alright, kotor 2 was great.

i'm looking forward to mass effect 3, even if its not quite as good as part 2 it should still be a very very solid game.

paragon shep is stupid and should be removed from the game to punish people for using her (i realized i almost forgot to say something insane in my post, i want to fit in after all :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Getting a bit long. Shiny new thread here

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein