Portal invades college curriculum

Purkake

Well, excuse me for trying to have an intelligent discussion.
That's what you tell everyone, and then comes the Purkstab.

I stab because I love.

Portal, the Citizen Kane of videogames.

Hmm, I've heard this one before, somewhere...

maybe Idle Thumbs?

Edited by Purkake

*giggles* The Purkstab....it should be in the dictionary, I love it.

I only got about half way through Portal (puzzle games aren't really my thing) but what I did play seemed pretty cool in concept. I wouldn't personally call it 'awesome' but it was charming.

But using vid games in classrooms is interesting. I had a history teacher that used classic movies a lot to teach...or maybe he just wanted to nap, I'm not sure. heh If he's still around, I bet he'd use video games these days. :ermm:

(edit:seriously, I find it interesting...I mean, they use manual toys/games in grade schools to teach certain things, why not vid games as well, right?)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*giggles* The Purkstab....it should be in the dictionary, I love it.

I only got about half way through Portal (puzzle games aren't really my thing) but what I did play seemed pretty cool in concept. I wouldn't personally call it 'awesome' but it was charming.

But using vid games in classrooms is interesting. I had a history teacher that used classic movies a lot to teach...or maybe he just wanted to nap, I'm not sure. heh If he's still around, I bet he'd use video games these days. :ermm:

(edit:seriously, I find it interesting...I mean, they use manual toys/games in grade schools to teach certain things, why not vid games as well, right?)

I hope you at least saw the cute turrets. Plus the story is worth experiencing even if you don't like puzzle games.

There already are Starcraft classes of all things in one or two unis, in case someone didn't know.

I like that most of high level Starcraft strategy involves abusing the hell out of everything.