Kids

Calax

In the old adventure games, King's Quest games (yes, I'm that old :thumbsup: ) from 1984-1998 (or so) you basically have a Royal family running around getting into trouble. King Graham marries his Queen. Then Princess Rosella and Princess Alexander each have their own game, and maybe one game together? And in Black Mirror 2 (the sequel to Black Mirror, another adventure game) you play as the descendant of the main character in Black Mirror 1.And, as others have said, if you romance Aerie in BG2, and let enough time go by, eventually by the end of the game, you will have a baby. It'll just stay as inventory item, though.

However, it could be sort of fun or maybe distressing if the main character like Shepard or Thornton would be presented with a woman in bar saying 'hey. you're a daddy now'. However, I don't think it would work to have her say more than this line, both from a roleplaying as well as a gameplay perspective.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Daddies huh ?

Genghis Khan is direct ancestor for about 8% of the males alive today in greater asia area. Player characters are usually several times more powerful then our busy mongol leader. Every game world would turn into Bhaalspawn saga :)

Strange, considering that most of his children were fathered by other men.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

LOL at "babies as inventory items" :p

Strange, considering that most of his children were fathered by other men.

:)

Wuh? How does that work?

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Considering that ME romance's option was at the Normandy beginning ME2, they should had plenty of times to procreate. It feels like a missed opportunity for both: deepening the romantic bond ( to which there wasn't much motivation to stay loyal) and just an awesome moment in gaming where you find out you have a kid.

IMO, BW didn't want to make the player feel bad about cheating on their "spouse" and so that they are able to fully explore the romance options in ME2 to which the majority of the dialog was committed. Seriously how do you go from 3 options to 9?

I thought of something for ME. Even if they had no romance options or anything, they could jimmy it by saying that Liara got pregnant from the constant connections she made with Shepard to figure out the prothean beacons.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Considering that ME romance's option was at the Normandy beginning ME2, they should had plenty of times to procreate. It feels like a missed opportunity for both: deepening the romantic bond ( to which there wasn't much motivation to stay loyal) and just an awesome moment in gaming where you find out you have a kid.

IMO, BW didn't want to make the player feel bad about cheating on their "spouse" and so that they are able to fully explore the romance options in ME2 to which the majority of the dialog was committed. Seriously how do you go from 3 options to 9?

I thought of something for ME. Even if they had no romance options or anything, they could jimmy it by saying that Liara got pregnant from the constant connections she made with Shepard to figure out the prothean beacons.

Or you could do without an imaginary kid.

Aside from BG can anyone recall a series with the PC having a child, during the game?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Or you could do without an imaginary kid.

Aside from BG can anyone recall a series with the PC having a child, during the game?

Fable. But then that's just a smokescreen because the entire game is lifeless.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ah, yeah Peter's great attempt at a simulated life in which you get the same amount of pleasure from conceiving a kid that you get for killing it. Peter did promise that we will be able to kill them, didn't he?

village_idiot.gif