Save Features or Just Checkpoints...

One thought that struck me (as I can't actually remember hearing about it one way or the other in any of the interviews) but does anyone know how saved games are handled in AP?

Is it just a checkpoint system that's not going to give you much control of reloading previous saves if you want to see what key changes happen some hours later if you handle things differently?

Is it the "standard" rpg save anywhere and many, many times approach?

Or is it some combination of both? Checkpoints within missions, but "proper" saves when you're in a Safehouse?

I could see why limited save options might work to add a level of intensity and push you to replay from the start to see how things turn out.. (after all, it did add to the challenge in Hitman games to see if you could finish missions without making any saves) Which made me wonder if they've done this, or are letting you save whenever..

So how do people hope / prefer their saves to be handled for what they expect from AP?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

AP uses checkpoints, though I don't remember the details.

Ah, here it is: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...st&p=972793

You can pause the game anywhere, and save anywhere, but if you reload a save you are brought back to the last checkpoint you passed.
Edited by Oner

I recall Matthew saying that the checkpoints were pretty generous and well placed. So it should be pretty easy to revert to a previous checkpoint if you wish without losing much playtime.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ah, here it is: http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...st&p=972793
You can pause the game anywhere, and save anywhere, but if you reload a save you are brought back to the last checkpoint you passed.

Ah hah! Buried in the depths I hadn't found yet.. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."