Dub in other languages

I'm not hoping very much on this one, but... will Alpha Protocol be dubbed in other languages different from English (maybe Italian? :bat: )? After playing Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey without having to read subtitles is difficult to go back ^^

I would by the game anyway, obviously, but it would be indeed a nice feature.

Edited by ginji

Please don't dub it in french so I don't have to scour through the entire province for an english copy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Please don't dub it in french so I don't have to scour through the entire province for an english copy.

Actually, Italian dubs are usually acceptable (the one in Mass Effect 1, for me, is even better than the original... in Half-Life 2, on the other hand, was absolutely ridiculous), but I agree some langauges don't fit with everything.

For example: did you ever see a love story in German? It's pretty hilarious :bat:

Actually, ME in French was kinda ok. The voice actor for MaleShep was better than Mark Meer, and the rest was fine. Not to mention the Shepard I made in that french version somehow *looked* french.

EDIT: Also Saren in French sounded like Icarus from Deus Ex so that was a big plus.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I agree that ME Italian was better than the original (mostly because MaleShep actually sounds like an interesting character and not like an underpaid voice actor) and I guess that the game will be dubbed but I will probably buy the UK version.

P.S. : The most ridiculous italian dub I remember is probably Metal Gear Solid... pure comedy.

QFT, seriously, I live in Brussels, everytime a game is released with french voice acting (without the possibility to switch the language) in need to make a purchase from Amazon.uk to be able to get the game in english.

Honestly guys, you don't know how the voice acting is HORRIBLE, it's like they hired some hobo's to do the work....seriously!

And this is not only for the french part, it is also the same deal with the Spanish dubs....

Its obvious that these countries doesn't have the same quality of voice actors, not only for videogames but also for cartoons and dubbed movies, it's like they don't care....

Anyway, I'll be getting AP from amazon.uk.

Actually, ME in French was kinda ok. The voice actor for MaleShep was better than Mark Meer, and the rest was fine. Not to mention the Shepard I made in that french version somehow *looked* french.

EDIT: Also Saren in French sounded like Icarus from Deus Ex so that was a big plus.

I would really like to hear the french dub for ME, now I'm curious!

@ WorstUsernameEver: Lol I remember the voice acting in Metal Gear. Campbell's voice was... o dear! :lol: He was a robot!

Yes-snake-you-must-infiltrate-the-enemy-base-system-error-system-error *metallic noise* :lol:

@Yoomazir: Even movies are bad in Spanish dub? This is bad (since movies should be considered a serious thing).

I would really like to hear the french dub for ME, now I'm curious!

@ WorstUsernameEver: Lol I remember the voice acting in Metal Gear. Campbell's voice was... o dear! >_< He was a robot!

Yes-snake-you-must-infiltrate-the-enemy-base-system-error-system-error *metallic noise* :lol:

@Yoomazir: Even movies are bad in Spanish dub? This is bad (since movies should be considered a serious thing).

Not all movie dubs are bad.. I got really bored and watched Talladega Nights in French, the voices werent too bad, but replacing "Shake and Bake" with "Rock and Roll" ruined some of the jokes

Edited by Trustin

They are bad in that you are no longer hearing the actor's own voice and inflections. I remember how surprised I was to discover how much acting is a voice work thing when I started watching movies in English, that I had previously seen dubbed. Other than that, no, they aren't so bad... if you don't mind re-interpretations.

As for your original question, I think it's the publisher's call whether to commission localized VOs or not. So your chances of finding out would probably be better if you directed your questions to whoever is distributing the game in your country, instead.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

QFT, seriously, I live in Brussels, everytime a game is released with french voice acting (without the possibility to switch the language) in need to make a purchase from Amazon.uk to be able to get the game in english.

Honestly guys, you don't know how the voice acting is HORRIBLE, it's like they hired some hobo's to do the work....seriously!

And this is not only for the french part, it is also the same deal with the Spanish dubs....

Its obvious that these countries doesn't have the same quality of voice actors, not only for videogames but also for cartoons and dubbed movies, it's like they don't care....

Anyway, I'll be getting AP from amazon.uk.

Yes, I really think that local distributors should make localizations optional.

I am afraid that "my" distributor will sell game with forced czech subtitles...

As for your original question, I think it's the publisher's call whether to commission localized VOs or not. So your chances of finding out would probably be better if you directed your questions to whoever is distributing the game in your country, instead.

The worldwide publisher is Sega, so shouldn't be Sega the one that makes this decision?