Webcomic hosting

Hurlshort

Andrew "The weird"?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

TN, that is awesome!

edit: Got me about 15 hits yesterday, and I like the blog, seems to be a pretty good place for information on the webcomic world.

Edited by Hurlshot

Pretty awesome, actually.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

TN, that is awesome!

edit: Got me about 15 hits yesterday, and I like the blog, seems to be a pretty good place for information on the webcomic world.

Your zombie thing sounds more like a fire drill than anything... everyone troops out like zombies, waits a bit, then troops back in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 1 month later...

I want to bump the thread and give a short update. I am down to my last few student drawn comics, so I've been brainstorming on how to make my own comics without them looking like utter garbage. I decided to go with bitmap comics using Grafx2. Feel free to stop by in a week or so and see my first strips. Here is my first shot at it:

room3.gif

http://www.waltersland.net

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting to develop an art style, I think. I plan on improving, of course, but I think it is a good start. At least my daughter was able to recognize it as a playground. Here is the most recent comic:

2010-07-19-Rugrats.GIF

I'd keep it in black and white. The colors don't work together very well, are distracting. Keeping it simple in black and white makes it easier to read and also give you reason to focus on your linework to keep character apart which in the long run will help develop your art skills a lot more.

I'd keep it in black and white. The colors don't work together very well, are distracting. Keeping it simple in black and white makes it easier to read and also give you reason to focus on your linework to keep character apart which in the long run will help develop your art skills a lot more.

Is this better?

2010-07-21-gray.gif

I'll play around with it, excellent suggestion. I agree the colors aren't very good. I'll try a couple different color schemes as well.

It's better, but not what I meant. I meant just using black linework, which often is just as effective as anything else. Example: pvp20080701.gif

Also, with what you got now the lack of contrast between the background and text makes it hard to read. Make the text black and it'll be fine, I suspect.

Edited by TrueNeutral