Preset Codes for Remotes

I have a Pioneer VSX-819H-K receiver and I'm attempting to program it's remote so I can use it with my Technics SL-PD5 CD Player. Unfortunately, the Pioneer's manual only lists DVD Players, TVs, and VCRs. If anyone happens to have any resources to solve this issue for me, that'd be great. But for now, I'm at an idle waiting on a response from Pioneer.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Yep, I've been googling. There aren't any CD devices listed in the Pioneer instruction manuals but the manuals state that the remotes can control CD devices. I'm not naive enough to not do a little researching on my own before hand. Was just curious if anyone came across this area on the boards before as Pioneer receivers are fairly common.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately, there are no additional codes available. If none of the listed CD codes work, the remote may not be able to control it.

Thank You,

L****

Customer Service Representative

*laughs* The manual lacks CD Player codes. Apparently she missed that part, though the manual clearly states that the remote can control CD Players. Time to start searching other .pdf manuals on the site.

No! I'm American, damn it! I can't stand up, take 3 paces to the CD player and press the button functions I would like the CD player to perform! I wish to indulge in weight gain and laziness for such is the American way! If my CD player will not function remotely, nobody's will! From this day forth I shall stop at nothing in the creation of a giant worldwide wireless control signal scrambler and make everybody do things the way I have to do it! Muah ha ha ha ha!

... Who am I kidding. I'm lazy. I'll just go buy a universal remote that's compatible with all of my stacked electronics. :shifty:

I hate MP3s. Lossy Audio for the lose. If the music industry starts selling Lossless Audio online, I'll buy that. Until then, it's records and compact discs.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Yes, but why waste the disc space when I can put it in my CD player? I have nothing against ripping CDs. When I do rip them, I rip them to MP3 and put them on my iPod. But when I'm at home, I prefer to listen to it in it's original format. I really don't like buying digital media. I prefer to 'own' a hard copy. I've been considering ripping all of my CDs and Records to FLAC, but I'm looking at computers to just run a media server through my house and was also looking at stereo receivers that support such.