Ideas for future games

Nihilus5078

Afterlife 2. I always liked that game, even if it's just Divine Sim City. Good humour on some of the descriptions of the punishments and rewards.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually, most people seem to want ridiculous sequels or licensed games and they're not being very specific about them.

Because if people enjoyed a certain game/licence, they want more of it.. Who doesn't want more Nolf or Smac? Going with the "I loved this game, it would be great to see a followon to it where they tightened up the odd flaws in it" seems a fairly simple way of suggesting what type of games you'd like to see in the future :biggrin:

I mean, sure, I'd like a solid rpg with heavy storyline, snappy patter, lots of choice and consequence, and something other then a "save the world from the big bad" ending.. as it is, I'm just going to have to wait a couple of months for Alpha Protocol to arrive and see how that satisfies my cravings for that sort of game..

And it would be nice to see a few decent rpgs made that aren't purely fantasy based, (or even when non-fantasy based, don't have people doing the "that's the equivalent of the fighter, that's the equivalent of the mage..."). Genres that would be interesting would be a Victorian adventure/detective .. the cyberpunky near future... a space opera or even fairly hard sci-fi.. Of course, the more "modern" you make an rpg, the more "shooter" elements you'd have to put into it because I don't really see the console section appreciating the old Fallout 1 &2 style of handling ranged weapons..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

^ Wrong. How about a Shadowrun game set in 1972?

Richard Nixon is a warlock, the monsters all wear flares and you can tear about in a Ford Camaro with laser guns on the hood. Groovy.

would be boss. Maybe with more gearhead+Bond gagetry in your vehicles and cheesy 70s technobable instead of cybernetics and lasers. The designers will have to nail the puke green color scheme of the interiors, and research proper cloth simulation of 70s shirt collars.

I dunno. Shadowrun needs some kind of history erasing refresh to address how convoluted the setting has become.

I really want a Rogue Trader RPG more than anything.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

I like the convoluted aspects of Shadowrun, but I am planning something like that for my Shadowrun campaign in the form of a full on extraterrestrial/extraplanar invasion of alien life draining spirits who destroyed all life on Mars before moving on to another star system. Kind of if you mixed Independence Day with Final Fantasy Spirits Within, with a touch of X-Com UFO Defense. The Shedim and their masters descend on the Earth seeking to enslave and decimate all life on the planet, and the Runners are caught in the middle of several factions trying to survive at the cost of the others.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."