How to load a PC when the cd drive is unavailable.

Asol

I have a disc set to load a computer with a certain configuration and I seem to have bricked it either skipping or ignoring steps while trying to multitask. Its a gov load involving a boot disc followed by a driver disk then an image disk then a couple apps disks. The image disk wouldn't read and may have been scratched or corrupted haven't used it since, attempting to restart from getting stopped in the ghost image portion left me apparently looking at a brick. On attempts to reload the driver step spontainiously demands a floppy now when the file is on a cd i have no floppys with the pc equipment or the specific load that has to go on it.

The HD is formated but i cannot load anything because the cdrom drive is 'unavailable' The system only boots past the bios which is passworded to find an invalid disk, i guess the cdrom is unavailable because i managed to delete device drivers without replacing them? It is odd because the bios sees the cdrom. I have some admining experience but am not strong on the A+ type stuff. The data is backed up to a server but i need to put the box back in service.

What is the best way to recover this thing?

Any help highly appreciated thanks

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

Could you plug in a CD drve via USB? I went that way when my main drives broke.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've yet to successfully boot from a thumb drive however, the drivers for a kingston thumb drive are on a windows boot floppy. Boot from the floppy then run whatever you need from the thumb drive. It's got to be a Kingston thumb drive though. About $16 for 4 gigs at Fred Meyer. It's a common drive but not every store has it.

"Old School Fallout Fan"

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mushroom cloud to walk into.

Have A Happy Holocaust."

The Club House Mod

Thumb drives are non compliant for this and the one USB CDrom we had in the shop was in-op. I just settled to replace it with another PC on the network.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis