Blizzcon

Purkake

Or they might have a laptop, or use a net cafe or whatever. I dont get it either but apparently some people are just technologically backwards.

I laugh at anyone who goes to a net cafe to post on forums.

They could still have a steam-style offline mode.

That's my understanding as well.

As for cracking it, I don't see why. How often do you have a LAN situation, but no internet connection? I'm sure the single player will be cracked, but the battle.net stuff will probably take a while.

It's not always about that. As good as home cable internet connections can be, if you have lots of guys in a living room all trying to play using the same line, lag can start to increase. Not that such LAN 'parties' are very common anymore. Or for those still without cable internet, it's nearly impossible. There are still people w/out cable internet who like to play games w/their family/friends now and then. :lol:

For hubby, it's just principle. He doesn't want to suck up bandwidth/be forced to register/login just to sit next to me and play a game pc-to-pc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As for cracking it, I don't see why. How often do you have a LAN situation, but no internet connection? I'm sure the single player will be cracked, but the battle.net stuff will probably take a while.

It's not always about that. As good as home cable internet connections can be, if you have lots of guys in a living room all trying to play using the same line, lag can start to increase. Not that such LAN 'parties' are very common anymore. Or for those still without cable internet, it's nearly impossible. There are still people w/out cable internet who like to play games w/their family/friends now and then. :lol:

For hubby, it's just principle. He doesn't want to suck up bandwidth/be forced to register/login just to sit next to me and play a game pc-to-pc.

As mentioned countless times before, you can still have lan play you must just verify each of the accounts on Battle.net. No lag, yay!

As mentioned countless times before, you can still have lan play you must just verify each of the accounts on Battle.net. No lag, yay!

On a side note they're revamping Battle.net to act more like steam (so you can see when somebody is playing ANY blizzard game on Bnet or WoW) and communicate between games.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sorry, I don't read back or go thru all threads/websites all that often anymore. :lol:

I don't have any big issue with the arrangement myself...but the above still doesn't negate hubby's dislike of having to register for an account to play w/me over a desk. ie, if he's not going to play on bnet & effect anyone else in any way, why should he have to register on a service to verify he bought the game etc .... and don't yell at me, that's his principle, not necessarily mine...tho I do understand him. :p

On a side note they're revamping Battle.net to act more like steam (so you can see when somebody is playing ANY blizzard game on Bnet or WoW) and communicate between games.

Hmm...not sure I like that. But like I said in WoT...old curmudgeon.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's not always about that. As good as home cable internet connections can be, if you have lots of guys in a living room all trying to play using the same line, lag can start to increase. Not that such LAN 'parties' are very common anymore. Or for those still without cable internet, it's nearly impossible. There are still people w/out cable internet who like to play games w/their family/friends now and then. :(

Because he could just as well download the game illegaly and Blizzard want to minimize that. If you're planning on playing exlusively offline rest assured that the game will get cracked within a week of its release and you won't have to verify your accounts online.

I just find it confusing when folks have these exclusive claims. If they say that their decions regarding LAN play are tied to the DRM, what is it if not piracy? I mean, okay, tournaments. In that case, I would argue that they consider running non-sanctioned tournaments as a form of piracy and wouldn't find it surprising if their EULA didn't make that explicit. I'm not really arguing for or against their stance on LAN play, as I don't have a horse in this race, but it all seems tied to piracy in one way or another.

I just find it confusing when folks have these exclusive claims. If they say that their decions regarding LAN play are tied to the DRM, what is it if not piracy? I mean, okay, tournaments. In that case, I would argue that they consider running non-sanctioned tournaments as a form of piracy and wouldn't find it surprising if their EULA didn't make that explicit. I'm not really arguing for or against their stance on LAN play, as I don't have a horse in this race, but it all seems tied to piracy in one way or another.

I think what they're ultimately trying to do is create a competitor for Steam. Indications of where they're taking Battle.net shows they're already trying to put in the social aspect into Bnet AND lock your game in so you can download it instead of having to run around and keep track of disks.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.