KotOR III possible storyline???

First off let me say its great to be here and finally get around to joining, I've been a loyal, dedicated fan of the franchise since the beginning...hell, KotOR made me a Star Wars fan. Anyways seeing as this is my first topic I wanted to dive right into this, namely inspired by Feargus Urquharts comment of still wanting to do a KotOR III because after last falls announcement of the dreadfull TOR I had really just sadly given up on the franchise I held so dear to my heart. But this isn't about my dissaproval of Lucas and Biowares decision with the franchise, this is about storylines for a possible KotOR III.

So lets get started...

So with TOR official (it being a thousand years or however long) into the future with the real Sith finally returning at what time should the story of KotOR III take place at? And once permitting that how? Any ideas? Keep in mind Bioware has said they'll be mentions and decendants of old characters but everyone (including Revan) will not be involved in the TOR. I'd like to hear a fresh prospective from people...

Here's a few possibilities I think:

1- A new character is created, say a fresh-faced passionate Padawan full of young exuberence being trained under one of the lost Jedi...a: some threat arises in the known galaxy (say a crime lord or some such bad guy from the vacuum of both wars) and he faces it with the other lost Jedi with Revan and the Exile returning from Unknown space towards the end. b: one day he leaves his Master before his training is complete (this would setup the pitfall of light/dark side) and goes to look for Revan and the Exile while the rest of the Republic/Mandalorians lie in wait, after several cross planetary clues he finds both Jedi and the story resumes from there. (Not much detail here but something like this could write itself)

(I get into more detail here but I'm a writer on the side...sorta my personal fantasy of a perfect way to tie in the trilogy)

2- You resume your role as either the Exile or Revan (choosing before you begin the game), a: the Exile finds Revan in a dismal state having been defeated and enslaved by the true Sith for some time, as the Exile you free Revan and the two set out to destroy the Sith empire before they are ready to rally their forces for invasion. You run into an unstoppable Sith :mainbadguy-DarthWhatever: that originally defeated Revan, even with the combined power of the two strong Jedi they are no match for him and his forces. Dejected they escape the Unknown Regions with all hope lost...then we cut to a vision or Force ghost of Kreia, she informs them that hope is not lost but there is a way to defeat the Sith Lord but they must jouney back to Malachor V which has been miraculously restored through the Force...there, they return to the Trayus Core where Kreia awaits to inform that in order for them to suceed they must both fight one another to the death.

It is only by this way that one of them will be strong enough to confront the :mainSithbadguy: and defeat his rising empire(it would have to be Malachor V alone for the transferance of power to work). Reluctantly they agree knowing it to be the only way or the Sith will succeed. So as the player you make your choice and one of them eventually slays the other in an awe inspiring battle...for cannon I was thinking the Exile should kill Revan, I know no one is more powerful and every loves Reven but it's sorta be a passing of the torch as Master-Apprentice, plus the Exile has the advantage of the void in the Force that Revan does not...a tear jerking cinamatic with Revan dying in the Exiles arms or vice versa as the planet begins to break apart once again. The Exile escapes as the world returns to its former destroyed state, eventually he rallies the Republic under Carth, the Jedi under Bastila and the Mandalorians under Canderous.

They set out to the Unknown Regions after the rising Sith empire, a great battle ensues on the true Sith homeworld from the ground, in the air and between the Exile and the :mainSith:...in an epic duel the Exile with the new found strength is able to kill :theSithbadguy: and with his death his forces are stunted loosing the power of their Master, they are easily routed by the Republic and Mandalorians. The trilogy ends with Kreias redemtion for saving the galaxy returning to the light :herforceghostappears: or she is seen transformed into one. Then the Exile and the surviving members of the Republic celebrate finally, fully victorious as the Exile overlooks the cheering members of both armies from a higher level with the sun setting on the credits with the Republic entering a 200 year era of peace and prosperity. The End...but after the credits a lone Sith (either :mainSithbadguys: Apprentice or just plain Sith) is shown crawling from the wreckage after the battle swearing his vengeance upon the Republic and the Jedi, he leaves with a splintered force to a hidden world in the Unknown Regions where they could never be found, allowing their forces time to rebuilt unchecked. This is where TOR timeline would come in.

Obviously not getting into the specifics like varying party members or for a change (being the only two in Unknown Space) none at all. And we could switch up the dark/light storylines, of course on Dark Malachor survived...instead of the Exile finding Revan, the light Revan returns to assume control challenging a dark Exile...so on, so forth with everything falling into overall plot place.

You could spin it a hundred ways but I feel one of these ideas could be a winner, what do you think? I got probably a million plot ideas lol...and of course post your ideas as well.

Its great to be a finally be a part of the Obsidian community :p

Edited by Anonymous

Dejected they escape the Unknown Regions with all hope lost...then we cut to a vision or Force ghost of Kreia, she informs them that hope is not lost but there is a way to defeat the Sith Lord but they must jouney back to Malachor V which has been miraculously restored through the Force...there, they return to the Trayus Core where Kreia awaits to inform that in order for them to suceed they must both fight one another to the death.

Reminds me of Highlander: Endgame. :(

For drama, I'd like a story where for instance Bastila finally gets enough of waiting & sets off alone (or with former Exile companions) into the Unknown Regions looking for Revan.. combined with a story about rebuilding the Jedi Order (bringing back KOTOR 2 henchmen) & destroying remaining pockets of Sith on various planets.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There's a KOTOR 3 discussion sticky here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=50531

I know, I posted in there. No one replied, doesn't seem to be very active.

Anyways I admit its somewhat fanficky but elements of it (with TOR being what it is) I think are good. And don't you remember the end of KotOR II, the Exile (with what I assume the rest of his crew) left towards the Unknown Regions...after Revan.

But I agree the Bastila/Revan love storyline should have some presidence.

There's a KOTOR 3 discussion sticky here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=50531

That there is. Please continue in that thread.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester