Toyota's New Robot Runs Like a Human

Humodour

Personally, I'm not worried about the robot apocalypse. We design robots to do stuff we like, not stuff we don't like. Even mister robosexual didn't design his robo-girl to lie to him, throw dishes at him, or jam a fork in his nutsack and guess what? She doesn't do that.

Yes, if we designed robots to think like humans, they might want to do the same nasty crap that humans do. This is why we won't design them that way. We'll design them to want whatever we want them to want, and if they don't want that then they're broken, just like a broken toaster or dishwasher. Things that break lose their functions, they don't magically develop new functions. A toaster or dishwasher might start a fire or flood your house when it breaks, but it's not going to keep your food cold instead.

People can, of course, build robots to do bad things to one another, but this is just a new form of a very old problem.

Meanwhile some other boffins have chosen to use slime mould 'robots' for their swarm intelligence instead: http://www.physorg.com/news170865567.html

The framework for this project, called I-SWARM (intelligent small-world autonomous robots for micro-manipulation)

Ok people, your task today is to come up with a compound noun that forms s.w.a.r.m. as an acronym.

Looks interesting though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm afraid of a robot apocalypse; I just noticed BOS hybrid's sig.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.