Selective Firemodes?

Hey everybody been curious for a long time (after seeing the first ingame footage of assault rifles) if it is posible to switch between semi/burst /fullauto firemode? from the watching these videos i'm under the impression that they are burst only.

this would be a major disappointment since they are promoted in some of these clips as "longrange" weapons for aimed fire. therefore singleshot would be the way to go.

on another note what is wrong with the forum registration i've been wanting to ask this question for a long time but neither of my e-mail account were accepted. they are all @web.de now i was forced to create a new one strange policy if you ask me :verymad:

anyway im hoping for a positive answer on my firemode question. apart from that the game looks really enjoyable especially the whole customization part.

Nah, the player's just firing in controlled bursts. Most shooters have you do that to keep accuracy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Most shooters have you do that to keep accuracy.

my experience seems to diverge from your most shooters i played had either firemode selection or at least fullauto which let's the player control the burst length i.e fire just one bullet.

now that ammo is no longer unlimited i thin it would make sense to allow the player to conserve ammo by firing only single shots. why would you want to fire a burst at the opponents head if the first shot is sufficient?

maybe this can be modded later.

Most shooters have you do that to keep accuracy.

my experience seems to diverge from your most shooters i played had either firemode selection or at least fullauto which let's the player control the burst length i.e fire just one bullet.

now that ammo is no longer unlimited i thin it would make sense to allow the player to conserve ammo by firing only single shots. why would you want to fire a burst at the opponents head if the first shot is sufficient?

maybe this can be modded later.

I think you misunderstood what he was trying to say. Will wasn't implying that the weapons only fire in burst mode, but that the player was only holding down the trigger long enough for a short burst otherwise his accuracy would deteriorate and very few shots would hit.

The assault rifles and SMGs are likely full auto while the other weapons (pistols, shotguns etc.) will be single shot.

So far in all game trailers, assault rifles are fired in a 3 round bursts.

that was my observation too and i fear ther will be no full auto for assault rifles which would really hamper their CQB capability. an official word an this topic would be nice :p

Edited by zeeee

Tap = 3 round burst, hold = full auto? :)

i'd like tap one shot hold full auto alot better but i guess we will have to wait and see

As the Wolfenstein 3D guide already said, "holding the button down is fun". :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif