This reminds me of people bitching about DLC, especially if the content of the DLC was made during development of the final game, as though any and all content the developer works on is owed to those who buy the final game. I've also seen folks claim a developer has "betrayed" them be not releasing an editor.

The truth is that the dev makes you game, you buy the game, transaction complete. They don't owe you anything, and acting like a spoiled brat isn't going to change that.

Tell me about it. The increase of bonus content (pre-order or otherwise) is just making this more and more common. I think it's just neat that there are varying versions of a game, that buying another game by the same developer can give you a bonus on another game etc. Smart marketing. The only thing that makes me a Sad Panda is when Geography (living in Europe) conspires against me and I have no possibility of getting the bonuses. Still not something that would result in epic rants from me, though ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So... what kind of DRM does this game get? It just helps to know whether I'm buying the PC or 360 version.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 weeks later...
So... what kind of DRM does this game get? It just helps to know whether I'm buying the PC or 360 version.

Wow 4 pages and finally someone asks the question that I was actually intending.

Would be really interested in knowing as well.

I'd like to buy this for PC but I don't want a bunch of crappy resource hogging DRM bogging down my machine and/or phoning home with my personal information. I'd also rather not have to have to spend hours troubleshooting why I'm not allowed to install/launch the game I just bought because the publishers decided to go with a cd check software that thinks that having DVD burning software installed or the wrong model of SATA DVD writer means I'm a pirate.

Being against overly intrusive and defective DRM schemes isn't about wanting something for free for me. I happily buy the games I want to play. All I ask is that the publishers don't punish me for it. Especially when in most cases I could play the game w/o issue if I didn't stand by my ethical bent to pay for what I play.

As long as its a simple disk check - fine. Anything else is liable to screw the game over.

Every original I bought recently has seen me wasting time trying to get SecuROM to piss off. I actually skipped buying GTAIV and Red Alert 3 because of all the moronic online demands.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, what DRM?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"