Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition Sails To 360?

Jaesun

http://kotaku.com/5262528/secret-of-monkey...on-sails-to-360

Both a mysteriously disappearing German rating and sources close to Adventure Gamers seem to indicate that a special edition of The Secret of Monkey Island is on its way to the Xbox 360.

We first caught wind of this via GamerBytes, who managed to snag a picture of the German listing before it was removed from the Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle website. The listing was for The Secret Of Monkey Island - Special Edition, with the system listed as the Xbox 360 and the publisher Activision Blizzard Deutschland GmbH, the European publishing arm for LucasArts.

Adventure game website Adventure Gamers claims that independent sources have already confirmed the existence of the project to them, with a planned revelation during E3 2009 in two weeks.

So what could the special edition tag mean? Is this a completely overhauled HD remake, or just the original title stretched and filtered? Will it be an Xbox Live Arcade title, or a full on Xbox 360 retail release? Does the project even exist?

:ermm:

I believe there were four total. I know I finished the first three, and got most of the way through the last one before an annoying mini-game drove me nuts.

The first one is simply a masterpiece though.

There are 4, I'm not sure how well they'll behave on XP/Vista, but Curse of Monkey Island and Monkey Islands 1 & 2 should work with SCUMMVM and that works with Vista. Escape from Monkey Island (the 4th) can't run under SCUMM but it might work under Vista.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I believe there were four total. I know I finished the first three, and got most of the way through the last one before an annoying mini-game drove me nuts.

The first one is simply a masterpiece though.

Shush! The first rule of the Monkey Island club is that there is no Monkey Island 4.

The third one is also amazing and has a pretty hand-drawn look.

Yeah, EMI was a bit of a let-down - that Monkey Kombat was a very poor idea and the story was a bit meh (Ozzy instead of LeChuck, pffft) but nothing worth giving it the Highlander II treatement :p

I really love CMI's art style too

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra