X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance question

Arkan

Is there any way to unlock hard mode for these games without playing all the way through once first? Some kind of .ini file or something?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What? Don't those games have their own forums? This seems a bit specific for a (mostly) PC RPG forum...

Well, they're considered (mostly) PC RPGs. Plus, many other games have thread here that I'm sure have their own forums. What's your point?

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

X-Men Legends 2 - What a terrible game....I have no point as well ;)

hey! It was fun... the controls sucked on PC but it was fun!

that said I don't think there is a way to go activate hard mode without beating it. If you did you'd probably be to low a level to deal with it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

X-Men Legends 2 - What a terrible game....I have no point as well :wowey:

that said I don't think there is a way to go activate hard mode without beating it. If you did you'd probably be to low a level to deal with it.

Well, in both games you can start a hard game with default statistics, meaning they start you at level 20 or something (at least in M:UA, they do)

Well, in both games you can start a hard game with default statistics, meaning they start you at level 20 or something (at least in M:UA, they do)

that's what I mean... the first run through is so that you get used to the characters. IIRC when you do hard mode it's basically new game +.

that's what I mean... the first run through is so that you get used to the characters. IIRC when you do hard mode it's basically new game +.

Right, but there has to be some setting in the files, like an .ini or .cfg file that has the variable that determines whether or not Hard Mode is unlocked. Then, if you select hard mode, you start at level 20 (default). This way, at least you have all the powers to begin with and it's a bit more challenging. I've played them both before, but wanted a time-kill game, but wanted to skip the boring beginning of only having 1-2 powers.

A fighting game on the PC? How does it play?

My experiences with whacking games on the PC (Jade Empire and Warriors Oichi) were both not as smooth as with the controller. Then again, I had no problems with the PoP games.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

X-Men Legends 2 plays terribly... the control scheme on the keyboard is terrible.

I love the games but I hate the controls. Most brawlers are terrible on PC because the controls are terrible without a controller and sticks.

I don't really know what to tell you Arkan.

A fighting game on the PC? How does it play?

My experiences with whacking games on the PC (Jade Empire and Warriors Oichi) were both not as smooth as with the controller. Then again, I had no problems with the PoP games.

I didn't play XML2 on the PC, so I'm not sure if the controls are different, but with MUA, the controls are easy for PC. WASD for movement, and 0-9 numpad for attacks and powers. That's pretty much all these games are.

• 2 weeks later...