Software RAID 0

Any good methods for doing it in Vista? I'm kinda stuck with this POS OS for a little while, and I'm trying to get RAID 0 to go from software, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it with hardware.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Isn't the only soft RAID 0 you can do in Windows a striped volume in the Disk Management Console?

I think for the rest, you need hardware specific software/drivers for your controller(s). Too long since I played around with that stuff on my home pc :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Windows Server editions support other software RAID options like mirroring, otherwise it's as Gorth said.

Software raid can be more of a pain to set up and manage than hardware raid. Here are some old instructions to set up RAID 0 in XP/2000 but I think they would generally apply to Vista as well (I'm not too sure): http://www.techimo.com/articles/index.pl?photo=149 and you can also find more information in your 'Computer Management' help menu.

I don't think dynamic discs/striped volumes can even be created in the lower end versions of Vista (starter, home and premium) so it might be for naught anyway depending on what version you have.

Any good methods for doing it in Vista? I'm kinda stuck with this POS OS for a little while, and I'm trying to get RAID 0 to go from software, as I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it with hardware.

Your killing your performance by going the s/w RAID route. RTFM and do hardware.. its a simple bios setup at boot up.. gezz..

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I don't think dynamic discs/striped volumes can even be created in the lower end versions of Vista (starter, home and premium) so it might be for naught anyway depending on what version you have.

Well, that's it, thn. Looks like I need to get off my *** and do it manually.

Thanks for the help guys.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS