So, uh. EA/Starbreeze working on a new Bourne game

Jason Bourne

MOTHER OF GOD I am sorry for doubting Starbreeze. I just watched a few of the CQC videos of the new Riddick game and I was blown away!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45292.html

Jesus Christ at the number of counters and grappling moves! I have NO worries about Starbreeze working on a new Bourne game. Hell, even if it's in first person, I won't complain after watching that video. Best looking CQC FP EVER. Not to mention the graphics are insane.

P.S. I'm strapped on cash, and after watching more videos of AODA, I'm definatly buying that game over Killzone 2. Two games for the price one with a cool MP mode. I'm there.

That's just amazing. Screw guns, I'm playing the game entirely melee.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

MOTHER OF GOD I am sorry for doubting Starbreeze. I just watched a few of the CQC videos of the new Riddick game and I was blown away!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45292.html

Jesus Christ at the number of counters and grappling moves! I have NO worries about Starbreeze working on a new Bourne game. Hell, even if it's in first person, I won't complain after watching that video. Best looking CQC FP EVER. Not to mention the graphics are insane.

P.S. I'm strapped on cash, and after watching more videos of AODA, I'm definatly buying that game over Killzone 2. Two games for the price one with a cool MP mode. I'm there.

Good lord... I already thought the original Riddick had the best feeling melee of any FPS ever made and now they're expanding on it. It looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.

Yeah, that video got me even more excited. The "You are Riddick" multiplayer mode looks fun too.

I think the Starbreeze staff has the definite potential to "get it right" with the Bourne CQC. The Bourne Conspiracy game used Jeff Imada as the choreographer, but the way they implemented the moves didn't feel fluid like the action sequences from the movies. I wouldn't say the Riddick CQC is perfect for it either (at least, from the original game), but Starbreeze seems flexible enough to adopt mechanics appropriate for the source material (though I did find the amount of gunplay in Butcher Bay slightly off-putting).

I also have no doubt about their ability to deliver a good story or high production values.