refereeing

Walsingham

Oh, actually, I can't be bothered.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually a little interested in what you mean by this? :wub:

Currently I'm running a game where we're two GMs.. It's a very different, but easier imo, way of doing it. Given that you know each other well, so one doesn't dominate, but rather play on each others strengths and use that to enhacne the game.

Fortune favors the bald.

I think it's a fine idea of having two gms, we had that some time ago and it's crazy how easy and less haggard some things, like playing npcs and managing dice-intensive encounters become.

Really, if the gms are really familiar with each other and the setting it will likely work even better than one dedicated gm.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...

:) I'd forgotten about this.

The basic idea is that one GM tracks the story, arranges clues, gives rewards, designs fights etc. The other GM paints the picture, he acts the characters, and describes the explosions. I always felt doing both at once was exhausting.

A further benefit is that the two refs act to keep any munchkin behaviour out.

Has anyone tried two at once?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:lol: I'd forgotten about this.

The basic idea is that one GM tracks the story, arranges clues, gives rewards, designs fights etc. The other GM paints the picture, he acts the characters, and describes the explosions. I always felt doing both at once was exhausting.

A further benefit is that the two refs act to keep any munchkin behaviour out.

Has anyone tried two at once?

That's the exact setup I'm doing and have done - and to great effect.. We were playing a session where the players were travelling in a very harsh area, which had some very bad effects on the characters.. I was the "Bad GM" who kept handing notes to players with various diseases they got, things they discovered and so they could decide if they wanted to share with the rest of the group. It was great because the other GM could focus on telling the story, while I was running a kind of sub-story with the individual players.. They praised this afterwards, saying that it gave a very good flow to the game.

I also handled all the dice rolling and kept notes, which helped keep the story going without too many breaks.. and as an added plus, having 2 GMs means that the players can talk to more than 1 person at a time.

Fortune favors the bald.