Why does Kreia revert to dark side?

I don't get it.

She is a grey Jedi and wants to destroy the Force itself, okay. Why does she knock out the Exile on Dantooine? Why does she then become dark again?

If she wants to destroy the Force, why would she want to be a Sith?

Old question, to which many have given their own answer.

Kreia falls to the dark side when the Exile fails her expectations for the meeting with the Jedi Masters. If you kill the masters she even tells you. She expected the Exile to stand up to them, defeat them with the truth. Kreia wants someone to prove that she is right, and her teachings correct. When the Exile let her power be stripped from her instead, she failed Kreia, who then concluded that the choice of Malachor V, which she at first saw as a display of strength, was really made out of fear and weakness. But in the end, when the Exile bested her, Kreia felt rewarded and let go of her hatred, going as far as speaking of love, and a future built on a new Jedi Order.

I disagree. She changed her appearance, but there is no difference in her character or her goals before/after Dantooine. She was frustrated with the Jedi council, not with the Exile-- instead of seeing the evidence of their mistakes (i.e., the nature of the Exile) and admitting that they were wrong, they sought to destroy her. Kreia stepped in because she could not allow that to happen.

In a way, she won. Her goal was to build up the strength and influence of the walking contradiction that is the Exile (via conflict as per Echani philosophy, eventually culminating in conflict with Kreia herself), to the point where she can overcome all Jedi and Sith. The story ends with the Exile seeking out the only remaining force user of any consequence-- Revan. (The Exiles trainees are really the only fly in her ointment.)

As I said, many have given their own answer to this. Words can be taken to mean different things, sometimes. However, as I understand it, Kreia was there to let the Exile see the blindness of the Council by herself, and that is why she waits in the courtyard. Kreia had already seen plenty of it. Her speech in the ruins of the Jedi Enclave is more explanatory for a darksider, in that she speaks to the Exile, who is standing there conscious. And she says that she wished the Jedi defeated by showing them truth, without striking a blow, and that she has utterly failed to do so, which is true even if you don't kill the Jedi Masters. She also says that it is difficult to say whether the Jedi are all dead, because for every Jedi slain, another rises.

She's always been dark side, she's just more subtle about it. When you have dialogs with her during the game, she praises you for subtle dark side answers and chews you out when you give a dark side answer that is obvious.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

She's always been dark side, she's just more subtle about it. When you have dialogs with her during the game, she praises you for subtle dark side answers and chews you out when you give a dark side answer that is obvious.

She is more of a "Manipulative, get things done dark-sider"... Like, she will get mad if you help someone, but she will also get mad if you make them jump off of a Nar Shadaa skyscraper (lol).

Kreia is cool.

I see her as being typically grey; the purpose justifies the means, so she uses whatever aspect of the force she needs accordingly, without succumbing to the extremes. Unlike Jolee though, she isn't an old hippy and that might make her appear more dark than light.