prestige class (again...)

Hi,

I reached level 22 as a Consular and have a 100% light alignment (I used the save game editor cos i was too neutral) and I can't get a prestige class. When I talk to Kreia (on or off the Ebon hawk), nothing happens.

I finished Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon part 1, and just landed on Dantooine (haven't entered the enclave yet), and I have Visas on my team, of course.

I'm beginning to think I progressed to far into the game and missed the opportunity (even though I still have Dantooine, Onderon II and Korriban to finish).

So is there a level limit beyond which you cannot upgrade to a prestige class anymore? If not, what's the problem?

No.

By manually progressing to 100% LS you probably missed another conversation pre-choice that is needed (where the player whines (DS) about the people they meet, or ask (LS) how to help said people).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No.

By manually progressing to 100% LS you probably missed another conversation pre-choice that is needed (where the player whines (DS) about the people they meet, or ask (LS) how to help said people).

Well, I don't know. I progressed in the game past the point where you're supposed to get the prestige class, I didn't upgrade there because i was too "grey". And I'm pretty sure I had whatever that conversation with Kreia was where you discuss people you meet.

That said, it is possible that back then I selected the Dark Side answer... Is it possible to trigger that conversation again without having to go back to a previous saved game? or am I screwed?

Damn, Kotor II can be extremely annoying when you make tiny mistakes that completely screw you over for the rest of the game.

Sounds like you could sort it out by editing the appropriate variables via KSE, so as to make the game think you've gone through all that dialog etc. If you can find two save games, one before and one after those dialogs, perhaps you can compare what triggers have been altered and follow suit. Be warned though that there is the potential of missing something that might mess things up elsewhere.

Sounds like you could sort it out by editing the appropriate variables via KSE, so as to make the game think you've gone through all that dialog etc. If you can find two save games, one before and one after those dialogs, perhaps you can compare what triggers have been altered and follow suit. Be warned though that there is the potential of missing something that might mess things up elsewhere.

By the way, are you even sure that conversation is required? I searched the "variables" on KSE without success.

Again, I'm pretty sure I had this conversation anyway, but I just can't remember what I answered.

I *think* it's 000_Kreia_Dark React and 000_Kreia_Good_React. 1 means the first conversation, 2 is choosing your Prestige.

Also check the number for 000_Prestige (again 1 first, 2 is having it).

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I *think* it's 000_Kreia_Dark React and 000_Kreia_Good_React. 1 means the first conversation, 2 is choosing your Prestige.

Also check the number for 000_Prestige (again 1 first, 2 is having it).

That's what I was trying.

"Kreia dark/good react" don't seem to work.

I'll try also 000_R_good_Kreia (or 000_psychotic _Kreia)or whatever.

Thanks for the help guys anyway.

Those last 2 are just reactions to your face looking grim/ :lol:, nothing else.

Also; one last question; you did talk with Visas about her Master didn't you?

^

Those last 2 are just reactions to your face looking grim/ :lol:, nothing else.

Also; one last question; you did talk with Visas about her Master didn't you?

In fact, I finally managed to trigger the conversation with Kreia about "learning the higher mysteries of the Force" (i.e. upgrading). I think it was by adding "prestige=1".

But there is one big problem : Kreia wants to make me a SITH whereas I'm heavily light-aligned (lol) and haven't killed any Jedi Master.

I must have screwed up somewhere, but at least it's a progress.

To answer your question about Visas : I believe I did. I did talk to her about her homeworld, that's for sure; and the conversation mostly revolved around her master.

I'm gonna check right now. If THAT was the problem, I will feel very stupid...

Thanks again.

Weird, I never needed to talk to Visas about her master... in fact I never needed to have met Visas for this, by the time I met her I'd be a lightsaber-wielding Jedi Master of Doom. *blink*

The game does mess certain things up if you change your alignment in KSE instead of letting it notice a threshold has been reached while playing it.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

Weird, I never needed to talk to Visas about her master... in fact I never needed to have met Visas for this, by the time I met her I'd be a lightsaber-wielding Jedi Master of Doom. *blink*

The game does mess certain things up if you change your alignment in KSE instead of letting it notice a threshold has been reached while playing it.

As far as I remember, you can't get a prestige class if you're too neutral. And Visas doesn't show up if you haven't progressed to either the light or dark side of the force. Ergo: Visas is needed to get your prestige class, in a very abstract way.

Then again, I have a habit of remembering things oddly. :(

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

As far as I remember, you can't get a prestige class if you're too neutral.

Yes, and my point was that the game needs to notice when you cross the 25/75 mark, if you move past it with the editor that doesn't work.

And Visas doesn't show up if you haven't progressed to either the light or dark side of the force. Ergo: Visas is needed to get your prestige class, in a very abstract way.

That's not exactly true. The only thing Visas-related that is necessary is the movie that introduces her and Nihilus, that happens when you gain a 25/75 alignment. But you don't actually need to come back to your ship and pick her up. She doesn't need to be in your party.

For instance my first planet tends to be Dantooine. I get the lightside alignment (if that's what I'm aiming at) already on Citatel Station, then go to Dantooine once I'm done with Telos, and there I get level 15, after the big battle or a little before that. And that's when I talk to Kreia and get the prestige class. I only then come back to the ship and discover Visas there.

I suspect the common misconception that you need Visas in your party to get a prestige class may come from people's not getting level 15 on their first planet. If that happens, it is unavoidable that they'll end up returning to the ship and meeting Visas before they can get a prestige class.

And Visas doesn't show up if you haven't progressed to either the light or dark side of the force.

She still shows up. You get the cut scene with her and Nihilus on your next alignment shift after leaving Telos. At least that's how it was in my game on a neutal playthrough.

20795.jpg

Yeah, it's either 25/75 or just X number of alignment change hits (wheter it be DS or LS), so you'll get her regardless, since you can't avoid that many alignment changes.

^