Any good games coming out?

Karzak

the only ones i know of are dragon age, hearts of iron 3 and empires:total war.

any other decent rpg, rts or general strategy games on the horizon? i'm thinking of buying the new warhammer game.

Starcraft two:Wings of Liberty should be out by the end of the year. Alpha protocol too.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hey how about that Dragon Age game?

D3 for me. Come on Blizzard.

It's been pushed back until November.

I'm wondering if DIII will even hit the shelves this year. While you're waiting, you can pick up a cute, diablo iii t-shirt.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Deus Ex 3 complete with regenerating health.

:sorcerer:

Stolen from the Deus Ex 3 forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ren

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Reading the thread, I sighed a bit. I get tired of people saying 'Developers think we can't handle anything complex!' and 'Consoles are dumbing down games!' arguement brought up whenever a developer make a choice different from a poster's favorite ten-year-old game.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

:lol:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There's a difference between exploring levels and exploring levels for healt packs. I explored levels for alternate routes, so I could sniper/knock-out everyone, for upgrade canisters, and for passwords and data logs. I usually walked around with a stack of unused health packs because I'd found the console to turn off the turrets and security bot with the rockets, and killed all the gaurds from the top of the building.

:sorcerer: - your science is too cruel.

Edited by Maria Caliban

:sorcerer: - your science is too cruel.

smiley spam :lol:

Gratuitous use of smileys is always spam. :sorcerer:

DX levels were marvels of failiure due to its poor gameplay. You could sneak your way through them or you could shoot, but neither worked very well. The sneaking was a frustrating trial-and-error horror of seemingly randomly triggered alarms, while the shooting was clunky and awkward. Everyone just ended up getting the amazingly imbalanced lightsabre so you could rush and chop your way through it

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Stop the spamming, ladies. Why does nobody respond to my outrage about the DX levels? :lol::sorcerer:

I *did* respond to your outrage. :lol:

DX levels were marvels of failiure due to its poor gameplay. You could sneak your way through them or you could shoot, but neither worked very well. The sneaking was a frustrating trial-and-error horror of seemingly randomly triggered alarms, while the shooting was clunky and awkward. Everyone just ended up getting the amazingly imbalanced lightsabre so you could rush and chop your way through it

And then you'd get those agents that blew up when they died. :lol:

The original Deus Ex has the 'dart handcrossbow.' Possibly the stupidest weapon ever. It was weak, the range was bad, it only worked on organics, and if you tried the non-leather darts, it took five hours for them to die while they ran around alerting everyone around you.

Edited by Maria Caliban

Right. You can shoot a psychic chimpanzee with its brain hanging out whose standing in the middle of a dark room a mile away, but you can't see my response because of all the smilies.

I ain't buying it. :sorcerer:

Edited by Maria Caliban

I do agree that

a) sneaking wasn't really implemented all that well

b) combat was hideously clunky. Many of these fps/adventure/crpg hybrids seem to suffer from clunky fps combat. Bioshock and FO3 also, for example.

but, I think the levels were pretty awesome for exploration. Were they of Thief-level quality? No, but how many games have levels like those.

The original Deus Ex has the 'dart handcrossbow.' Possibly the stupidest weapon ever. It was weak, the range was bad, it only worked on organics, and if you tried the non-leather darts, it took five hours for them to die while they ran around alerting everyone around you.

lol. That thing was awesome with the tranq darts though. Pop out, shoot someone, then they would run around for about 5 seconds and then collapse. It was pretty overpowered actually.

My vote for stupidest weapon in DX was the PS20, tiny single shot plasma gun. It only has ONE shot and you could only carry ONE gun at a time and it almost never killed anything with its single shot even at max skill level.

I played through DX and only killed a couple people in the entire game. I thought the sneaking was pretty awesome.

Its not that it doesn't work. Its more that it way too easy in most places, but in a few places it's impossible.

Cattle prod + sneak can get you through the whole game almost. But not quite.

ANd, iirc, you have to kill Simons, Anna, and Gunther but that's it.

DX, despite it's weak shooting part, was still an important gem. At least critically.

No argument from me. It may have been clunky, but its influence was huge. And it is still, even by today standards, very good at what it does.

Bioshock and FO3 are almost as clunky shooting-wise as DX was. Both games would have been vastly improved with better fps combat. It makes you appreciate that the fps combat in even a mediocre shooter like Far Cry 2 is the result of a lot of work.