Help please

eircanerd

Hello I am new to this forum :) ,

I loved the kotor seris and i am helping my bro trying to get kotor 2 working on his computer.

here is information from my graphics card from dxdiag.

Name: Intel® 82915/GV/9100gl express chipset family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

chip type: Intel® 82915G/GV/910Gl Express chipset

DAC type: Internal

Approx. Toal Memory: 128.0 MB

Any sort of information would be helpful, If you know of a driver that could help please tell me.

thanks for reading

Perhaps you could tell us the exact nature of your problem: i.e. what is stopping KOTOR2 from installing and running normally?

What you listed isn't really a graphics card. It's a built-in Intel chipset that handles 2D graphics.. somewhat. It will most likely not handle a complex 3D game like KotOR2.

You need to see if your computer has a free PCI port and buy a new graphics card. If you're on a budget I'd suggest a ATI Radeon 4670 or Nvidia Geforce 9600GT. If you have more money, spend it on a Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ or a ATI Radeon 4870. They are very easily installed and makes your computer capable of playing almost any game out there without a problem.

My personal advice would be to get the ATI Radeon 4650. It's cheaper and faster than Nvidia's alternative (the 9600) and it's a one-slot design (small card) that fits in all computer cases. Also, it draws all its power from the PCI x16 port so no need to attach any extra power cables to it (which can be hard to find inside pre-built computers, that I assume you have).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You need to see if your computer has a free PCI port and buy a new graphics card.
Psst, PCI-Express, not PCI. I know you know, but eircraned probably doesn't :thumbsup:

The 4670 is about as fast as a 9600GSO and slower than a 9600GT according to tests I read, and priced (around here at least) exactly where it should be with its performance :ermm:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 2 weeks later...

Hope your problem is sorted eircanerd. I had to put up with no dedicated graphics card for ages.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.