Disk 2 help

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

So I'm installing the PC version of KotOR2. I install disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab as the path, go to click ok, then it says setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. It says please check that the proper disk is inserted {and it is; I can read, folks} or specify a new path, but it won't let me specify jack **** without the same problem occurring, since I already tried that, so what in the hale should I do?

Guest The Architect

The installer isn't letting me change the path.

The game installed on the family computer, though, so there's obviously a problem with my laptop.

Guest The Architect

No it's not, this is the first disk installation problem my laptop has had. My brother once installed Oblivion on my laptop to test my laptop's capabilities and something or other like that. And that turned out fine. The CD drive makes odd, twitchy, clicking noises when the KotOR2 disks are put in, too, which doesn't happen with any other disks I've tried with it.

Well, my response was accidentally deleted when my Internet glitched; so here's my recreation of the posting. It sounds like you either have a damaged disc (warped, dirty, scratched, etc.) or your drive might be on the way out - although the latter seems unlikely if other things work fine. Anyways, while you look at the CDs you might want to try this:

Step 1 -- Create a folder on your hard disk, for instance, C:\KCDs.

Step 2 -- Copy the entire contents of KotOR 2 CD #1 to that folder

Step 3 -- For each of the other CDs, copy only the single filed named dataX.cab to the same folder, where the "X" in dataX.cab is the number 3, 4, and 5 depending on which CD it's on.

Step 4 -- Run the installation program Setup.exe from that folder you just created.

When you're done installing it, you can delete that folder from your hard disk.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Guest The Architect

**** it failed.

I did what you said, named the file KotOR2, now on the icon box in the installation process where it says to insert the disk with the data3.cab, for the path box it says C:/Users/The Architect/KotOR2/data3.cab. I go to click ok and it fails. I've tried everything with that path box and it still fails.

Guest The Architect

It's alright man I installed it, all that install failing before was happening because I didn't "Run as administrator." *sigh* Bloody hell.

See? Even computers recognize stupidity, and don't let you use all the features. :down:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Guest The Architect

:lol:

**** you guys. >_<

I'm surprised walkerguy hasn't said anything. That'd almost be too predictable, though. :( Maybe the dip**** has forgotten how to use the board properly? :shifty: