Martial Arts Skill

But what if I run out of ammo and I'm too lazy to go get some more?!

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

But what if I run out of ammo and I'm too lazy to go get some more?!

Then you're a really bad spy, and you'll fail.

:bat:

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

No, all spies are lazy. That's why they can never do things the easy way. If they did, they would sit down and start watching tv.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

No, all spies are lazy. That's why they can never do things the easy way. If they did, they would sit down and start watching tv.

Wait

what?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm mostly surprised the US army doesn't mind distributing that sort of stuff freely.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm mostly surprised the US army doesn't mind distributing that sort of stuff freely.

Well, I'd say the primary role of army combatives these days is to build confidence and a willingness to engage the enemy (which would be the primary reason they still include knife/bayonet fighting at all I think). Secondary is to be able to subdue an uncooperative target alive (and perhaps unharmed). Tertiary would be actually killing people up close on the battlefield. Even special forces mostly just shoot people in a war situation.

That doesn't mean the stuff sucks, my experience with the MACP (modern army combatives program) has been mostly a positive one. That said, I don't think they're so worried about their deadly CQC secrets being publicly available. In general, the components of the military program were already floating around out there and just got condensed into a training manual.

Keep in mind that the WW2 combatives that are still popular to this day were in part a result of Applegate and Fairbairn looking at civilian violence. In addition to going to martial arts schools, they looked to police and criminals for how to design their deadly military program. Not surprisingly, cops have a whole lot more experience using CQC in real situations than most soldiers. So, in effect, a lot of the uber deadly commando moves you see in military manuals are distilled from the stuff that happened during peace and information already available outside the military.