Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

funcroc

If Di recommends this.... I'll probably like it. :)

So I'll wait for her review.

Awww... *hugs*

I've been watching this game with cautious optimism. Divine Divinity was rollicking good fun, except for a ponderously overdone and boring final chapter. It was an old-style game that didn't take itself too seriously. Their next game, Beyond Divinity, was a real let down. I couldn't even finish it. It took itself TOO seriously, and lost the element of fun. Dull. Dark. Boring. Poorly executed.

So I'm not sure what to expect for DD2. Hoping for the best... I'll probably look for some player feedback before I buy this time.

*hugs*

I have been cautiously watching this as well.... I can't really say I am even that excited about it sadly. But who knows, this might turn out good. *crosses fingers*

So I'm not sure what to expect for DD2. Hoping for the best... I'll probably look for some player feedback before I buy this time.

I expect fun. :thumbsup:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

If Di recommends this.... I'll probably like it. :p

So I'll wait for her review.

Awww... *hugs*

I've been watching this game with cautious optimism. Divine Divinity was rollicking good fun, except for a ponderously overdone and boring final chapter. It was an old-style game that didn't take itself too seriously. Their next game, Beyond Divinity, was a real let down. I couldn't even finish it. It took itself TOO seriously, and lost the element of fun. Dull. Dark. Boring. Poorly executed.

The real problem with Beyond Divinity was not the setting. Yes, the backdrop was dark, but actual gameplay had tons of comedy built in. The problems, IMO, were the linear storyline and the battlefields. After the beginning of Divine Divinity, you were free to go pretty much wherever you wanted. This could lead to your death, but there was enough content spread over the map to make it enjoyable. Beyond Divinity was a series of small maps you cleared one after the other after the other as you followed the plot breadcrumbs. Those breadcrumbs didn't make the most sense either. Here I am on the run from a powerful demon and trying to free myself from a soulbond and I spend an entire chapter helping imps stabilize their economy and political structure.

The other horrible feature was the Battlefields. Yes, DD has Diablo elements, but the battlefields were just semi-mandatory Diablo rip-offs. I recall at the end of one dungeon was a single room with a giant spider in it I had to kill. Of course I couldn

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

• 2 weeks later...

Divinity 2 has gone Gold!

...and will be released on 24th July in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

It also states that the international release will be early September.

Edit: Oh, and the Sys requirements are here.

Minimum.

XP/Vista, 1.8 GHz Dual Core, 1GB RAM (XP)/2GB RAM (Vista), Grafikkarte: 256MB DirectX 9.0c und Shader Model 3.0 Unterst

Edited by Morgoth

Yay! I suspect this game will be AWESOME! Wait.. September?! I need to learn German :lol:

Waiting until September won't be bad. When it comes out, you should have just enough time to get some good gaming out of Divinity 2 before Risen hits on October 2nd, followed by AP, then DA:O...

Starting in September, things are looking pretty good rpg-wise in my estimation.

Yay! I suspect this game will be AWESOME! Wait.. September?! I need to learn German :)

Start by watching german tv channels xD

and i really do hope this will be a good game.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'll skip this game I think unless it gets some heavy high scores.

Considering what reviewers thought of the piece of **** that was Oblivion (i.e. they ate it up, similar for NWN1 OC), why do you give a rats what they have to say about the game?

Considering what reviewers thought of the piece of **** that was Oblivion (i.e. they ate it up, similar for NWN1 OC), why do you give a rats what they have to say about the game?

The magazine I read didn't praise Oblivion that much.

I'll most probably pick it up anyway, since there's no other game in sight right now, but at least I have to make sure that it isn't bug ridden.

I'll sooner skip Risen.

I'll pick up Dragon Age, and when I'm finished with that, I'll see which game has the best reviews.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Good for you. You'll start with crap so everything will just get better o.ob

So, are you this much of a **** in the real world, or do you save it for online?