Champion's League final

Walsingham

If, like rugby, the refs had the right to send off any player that didn't shut up or touched the ref at all, then it'd be fine.

I do not know if thing have changed since my last re-certification, but if a player argues with a referee they can be yellow-carded. As for the hitting, it is normally red-carded - even though that is technically against the "laws of the game" as the officials are not part of the field of play (and thus are not covered by all of the rules and regulations that the players must follow). :yucky:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

So which team won, the one owned by the Russian or the one owned by the Americans?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The latter.

D_N: in theory, yes, but you don't really see it given as stringently as it should. How else can John Terry mobilise the entire team to swarm around the referee in a matter of seconds? How many times has Rooney been caught on mics yelling expletives at linesmen? The referee should just tell them once to back off, or give everyone surrounding him yellow cards. It will never happen, though, because the law has already bowed to popular practice.

I didn't mean hitting refs by the way - it is the biggest irony how little things, like accidental contact between a flailing arm and the opponent's face, can result in a red card, but you can literally jump at someone with the studs aimed at the legs (yeah, aimed at the leg not the ball) and it gets off with less. I meant any form of touching, really, because you can see how refs get physically intimidated when ten burly men are standing around him holding his arm or shoulder 'in supplication'. I'm not naive enough to believe this will change anytime soon though.

1. the referee and linesmen made some very dubious decisions against Chelsea. 90% of calls went against.

Does that mean you agree? I'm fairly sure someone must have collected stats on it. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Yeah it means I agree...that referee is either totally incompetent or a biased criminal.

1. the referee and linesmen made some very dubious decisions against Chelsea. 90% of calls went against.

Does that mean you agree? I'm fairly sure someone must have collected stats on it. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Yeah it means I agree...that referee is either totally incompetent or a biased criminal.

:) Glad it's not just me. I mean it was more than weird... Of course, no connection to the fact that Putin's regime keep trying to arrest Abramovich (owner of Chelsea).

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.