Quick BG2 question

Arkan

Crap, you're still updating it? I used 3.71, but currently installing SCS6 on top of that, so I don't know if going back is the best idea (Weidu doesn't seem to like it.)

Well, the updated version adds some new content as well, see the changelog for more details. BTW, as SCSII is one of my own favorite mods, full compatibility with Rogue Rebalancing is always assured. :p

Installing the Revised Thievery component will now prevent animals and sleeping, silenced, feebleminded or otherwise incapacitated characters from summoning the guards in case a party member loots a container in their vicinity.

Nice, I'll have to get this one, then.

Is there any way to unlock a door using the clua console? I'm in the saradush prison and have no lockpick ability. My strength is 25, but I can't bash through the "locked" wall.

Edit: Nevermind....after several dozen tries (lost count) I seem to have gotten it.

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

For the future, simply use Ctrl+J; after a second or so of lag, your characters will teleport to where your cursor is pointing.

Even in FoW areas?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

A hotfix has been released for a bug with the Improved Celestials component of SCSII. I wonder why don't they fix it and upload the corrected version instead of this?

What's this?

Er... what do you mean?

As I said, it's a hotfix for a bug caused by a typo that prevented Dark Planetars from using their improved scripting, as per the SCSII subcomponent. This bug apparently caused some odd behavior in those creatures, such as picking the wrong targets for their Heal spells, for instance.

You install a hotfix by installing the actual mod first, then putting the hotfix in afterwards - like a miniature patch.

Er... what do you mean?

As I said, it's a hotfix for a bug caused by a typo that prevented Dark Planetars from using their improved scripting, as per the SCSII subcomponent. This bug apparently caused some odd behavior in those creatures, such as picking the wrong targets for their Heal spells, for instance.

Ah, ok. Didn't really know what you referring to as celestials...planetars or devas, etc.