Officials: 31 of 53 girls from sect ranch have been pregnant

I agree. We really need to do something against religious cults like this that prey on children. This cult has two more compounds and it wouldn't surprise me that this sort of thing is going on there as well.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think it's really as much a feature of ANY organisation that has no outside oversight. They attract and (more importantly) can't get rid of deviants.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How dissimilar to the Obsidian forum community.

Well, we do moderate from a heavily armed compound, but there's no ATF hanging around outside, just a bunch of sweaty nerds.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I agree. We really need to do something against religious cults like this that prey on children. This cult has two more compounds and it wouldn't surprise me that this sort of thing is going on there as well.

So it's fine if my non-religious cult does it?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Call me old fashion but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Call me old fashion but I think we should worship the sun and moon as powerful gods, and fear them.

I'll get back to you once I've worked out what this dark thing is that's following me around. My parents (who died of old age at 25) told me it was a 'siadoooo'. I can't work it out, but it clearly needs to go on a diet.

-Elwood Blues

Its unfortunate that these type of things keep cropping up in Texas. Texans tend to naturally respect one another's right to privacy in most cases and it seems thats a calling card for organizations with these types of practices.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Its unfortunate that these type of things keep cropping up in Texas. Texans tend to naturally respect one another's right to privacy in most cases and it seems thats a calling card for organizations with these types of practices.

It could also be that there's apt to be plenty of room in Texas.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah theres definitely something to that, its sparse enough for things like this to take root but not so much that it can go on indefinitely. You really get an idea of what a complete train wreck this whole deal is. Almost everyone on the ranch had the same dozen or so first and last names, so whenever the court reads some charges all the lawyers are like, are you talking about my Jeremiah Davis or that Jeremiah Davis? Is it Jeremiah Davis the first or third? Has this Jeremiah Davis been appointed a lawyer yet, are he and all his siblings going to have the same attorney?

How exactly do you plan to make a non-religious cult?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Hey, anybody here like videogames by any chance?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How exactly do you plan to make a non-religious cult?

Walsh's easy to follow guide to starting a cult:

First up, the whole point of a cult is having followers who obey your every command. Making such peopel is surprisingly easy. You need to aim to achieve a lot of secrecy, mysticism, and obedience. They all bundle up together. Having a heirarchy is good, both in organisational terms, and also in how close people can get to YOU the supreme leader. Ideally, once you have acolytes don't let anyone speak to you until they have been screened to an appropriate level by your existing acolytes. If any acolytes look promising, have them elevated to a higher status, and so on, installing as many levels as possible. As the number of levels increases make the lower levels more and more easy to join, while making the middle layers more demanding. You should aim for a gentle gradient of commitment, culminating in excessive commitment in the middle ranks. High ranks should be difficult to attain, but easy to retain except in competition from each other.

At this stage and in an ever increasing spiral ramp up secrecy surrounding what goes on. This will help make up for the patchwork nature of your beliefs ("I don't understand, but then I don't have sufficient clearance") and will also help isolate middle ranks from troublesome outsiders who ask too many questions, such as "Why am I strapped to this table?"

Pretty soon you'll find you have things ticking nicely along. Once you do the temptation to see exactly what your followers will do for you can be overwhelming. Just as a suggestion, have them break the human pyramid record. Extra points will be awarded if you can have some wear coloured robes, that spell out the word 'suckers'.

-Elwood Blues