GI exclusive screenshots

I guess I'm saying: aim for accuracy and realism, sure, but don't avoid directly referencing the real-world just because you might get called out for it occasionally.

Who benefits from incorrectly referencing things from the real world? Why not a) reference it correctly or b) rely on fiction?

Oh, and I was never particularly fond of the .223 pistol. There's a very real reason why most hand guns use bigger calibres than most guns (which I am sure you're aware of) and that logical hurdle was too big for my mind to overcome.

This is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about. Even though the .223 pistol was a good weapon and wasn't based on anything from the real world, the goofy caliber irritated you. Would it have been worse to give it a more sensible caliber?

I guess I'm saying: aim for accuracy and realism, sure, but don't avoid directly referencing the real-world just because you might get called out for it occasionally.

Who benefits from incorrectly referencing things from the real world? Why not a) reference it correctly or b) rely on fiction?

Oh, and I was never particularly fond of the .223 pistol. There's a very real reason why most hand guns use bigger calibres than most guns (which I am sure you're aware of) and that logical hurdle was too big for my mind to overcome.

This is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about. Even though the .223 pistol was a good weapon and wasn't based on anything from the real world, the goofy caliber irritated you. Would it have been worse to give it a more sensible caliber?

I guess so long as you include things like calibre and real world references I completely agree. I see shirking real-world reference altogether as the more detrimental of the two options, though.

But what I dislike about seeing the xm8 in AP is due to the fact that it doesn't have a place in this world anymore, while being a good gun it had too many problems, the plastic tended to partially melt during prolonged firing, not much but stuff happened.

It feels very out of place to see the weapon in the game, and the only reason I can think of to include it is because it has a peculiar design, ie "looks cool".

To me that's what suspending my disbelief, it's hardly a reason for me not liking the game but it feels wrong to see them and I personally find them ugly.