Door won't open on Goto's yacht

I tried searching for info on this but nothing came up. I'm currently totally stuck on Goto's yacht. I've already switched everything to the secondary power source and I shut it down. When I look at the status, it shows that the cloaking device is down, the door seal is down, etc. I've been attacked by all of the bounty hunters. The problem is that when I try to open the door to get to the Ebon Hawk, I get the message telling me that it's magnetically sealed and that it can only be shut down on the bridge. Um, I've already shut it down, thanks. I tried running through the ship again using a previous save but to no avail. Please tell me there is some way past this...

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :p

I've never heard of this precise glitch before, so I can't really help much. If you met all the bounty hunters on the way back from the bridge, then you probably did everything you needed to do on the bridge, but go back and see if there's anything left to do. When you loaded your old save, was it from before you entered Goto's yacht? All I can suggest is trying again with an even older save.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :p

I've never heard of this precise glitch before, so I can't really help much. If you met all the bounty hunters on the way back from the bridge, then you probably did everything you needed to do on the bridge, but go back and see if there's anything left to do. When you loaded your old save, was it from before you entered Goto's yacht? All I can suggest is trying again with an even older save.

Thanks for the welcome. :bat:

Both times I ran around the ship a few times just to make sure and everything is done, I'm certain of that. I did load an old save from before I entered the ship when I tried the ship runthrough the second time and I had the same problem as the first time. This glitch is worrying me because I'm not going to be able to progress any further in the game if I can't get off that yacht.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

I hated his yacht. My least favorite part of the game: fighting tons of stupid droids then ten thousand mines with nobody having a high enough skill to disable them, even my dems expert with +++ demolition bonus items. I used Mandalore to clear a path through the mines having him die repeatedly. Also I left the turrets up and they helped me kill the bounty hunters. :p I especially didn't like how I just had to accept this piece of bolts G0-T0 droid. I didn't want the guy. Well at least with the Xbox edition there's hardly any problems. (I didn't run into any glitches.)

And welcome. :bat:

Twitter | @Insevin

Okay, it's all good now. Went back to a previous save and finally got off the yacht. It wasn't my favorite part of the game either. While some of the missions using other characters have been interesting, I generally don't like not being able to use my PC. :p

Thanks again to you both for the welcome. :bat:

T3 is actually quite a decent fighter in K2 (compared to the utterly atrocious POS he was in K1)

G0T0 only really has the stealth thing going for him, but even that isn't very useful

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I didn't bother with Goto so I have no complaints about him. :) My favorites to take off the ship were Mandalore, Mira, Atton, and Disciple. Kreia is too creepy for me, though my husband did tip me off that Kreia's handy to have in a fight if you put her in Jedi Defense. She's still too creepy for me, though. >_<

mira was one of my favourite characters

level her up to 21 as a scout before jedifying her, give her dual upgraded mandalorian disintegrators, and the jedi deflection powers so she can deflect return blaster fire, and she's one hell of a fighter

most of the time the only way i could kill things faster than her would be if i was a guardian and had force jump, otherwise she'd slaughter everyone before i even reached them

I liked Disciple and I liked Mira more than I thought I would. I've only played one time as a female so I don't know what Handmaiden is like, other than I saw my hubby's PC sparring with her and they were both in their undies. Um, interesting... :brows:

i prefer handmaiden to disciple

especially if i'm a consular, coz she gives you the feat that adds your wisdom bonus to defense (can't remember what it's called...)

i can never really decide what to do with him

i mean, i could keep him as a soldier (more than enough jedi already) but Mandalore is so much better

or turn him into a consular, but then there's Kreia, and she's far better