British Humour is in the Genes

Humodour

Cable on-demand has some of the British version, and I tried to watch it. I still didn't like it. It's just not funny ... I guess the humor is far too subtle for me and is too much like watching people in a real office occasionally mutter to each other - it puts me to sleep. Hubby doesn't like it either. I guess we're not with it. :ermm:

That really is weird. I don't LIKE The Office, but I know it is very very funny. It's just too painful to watch. I can only manage three minutes at a stretch.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Cable on-demand has some of the British version, and I tried to watch it. I still didn't like it. It's just not funny ... I guess the humor is far too subtle for me and is too much like watching people in a real office occasionally mutter to each other - it puts me to sleep. Hubby doesn't like it either. I guess we're not with it. :ermm:

That really is weird. I don't LIKE The Office, but I know it is very very funny. It's just too painful to watch. I can only manage three minutes at a stretch.

I never liked the office, I never found it funny either... The whole thing was wasted on me...

What I will say is Extra's is funny :lol:.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Brass Eye, and it's prequal 'The Day Today', are genius.

The Day Today is where Alan Partrage started.

Actually, Alan Partridge started in On The Hour on Radio 4, the show upon which The Day Today was based. You can hear it on BBC7 most weeks. Here's this week's.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's a comedy of embarrisment, which can be painful to watch as it is.

Interesting. I guess I don't embarrass easily or care about being embarrassed, very often, so I don't see the humor.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts