BREAKING NEWS: ALPHA PROTOCOL - OBSIDIAN MMORPG

Llyranor

At it's basic level it's a matter of offsetting a vertices position from it's original mesh vertex position, hardly a huge feat, but not entirely easy either, depends upon the constraints. A prototype system shouldn't take more than a week, but an integrated system that doesn't screw up any of external effects placed upon said vertices is a whole other ball game, it does have some really horrible potential knock on impacts, frankly its the kind of thing you'd start working on in conjunction with any said animation engine, and if the animation engine was already built then it is questionable about any ease of compatibility, at that stage it depends upon already integrated capibilities.

o.o;

Any translated version for dummies?

= A facial generator is not difficult to make by itself. The difficulty lies in how it will work in the game, collusion detection and such.

As an example, imagine someone designing a head with the size of 2m radius. How will that interact with the environment? How will the character to be able to get through doors?

Also, how will the facial animations be compatible with a head of that kind of dimensions? etc, etc...

Dankee

As for the inventory system, would be cool if they do it differently than constant relying on paperdolls from old school RPGs.

Maybe an inventory system along the lines of Resident Evil 4 (Briefcase) or the newest Alone in the Dark (Top down inventory system) or even both.

I am certain Todd Howard will be so happy to agree with your statement.

I believe Obsidian opted to weave a tighter and focused story that is in the veins of Deus Ex. You can say it is inferior to ME or Neverwinter Nights series in the area of character creation, but in the end its the core of the gameplay that judges the game as a whole as an RPG. So you can't say its an inferior RPG when you have yet to play the game and simply basing and judging on its creation aspects.

Oblivion has great character creation, but meh, look at the core gameplay.

I won't say it is wholly inferior for every game has its strengths and weaknesses. For example PS:T is my third favorite game, but its character creation system sucks compared to its contemporaries. I prefer full customization of my character, but it is just one trait of many that makes a good CRPG.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You're getting all worked up over nothing. When we first heard about Mass Effect they advertised the lead character in the same way.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I am not getting worked up at all. I am just stating my opinion on character customization, or lack there of, in AP. No more and no less. If I was getting "worked up" I would be capitalizing more and use different fonts, sizes, and colors in the words I type.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Woah, calm down big guy, it's not a big deal. Just chill out. No reason to have a cow.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't have a cow. I am not a dairy farmer or a rancher.

This thread is radioactive waste :nuke:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't have a cow. I am not a dairy farmer or a rancher.

I don't understand why you're getting so worked up, I'm sorry, it was a simple mistake.

I don't understand why you're getting so worked up, I'm sorry, it was a simple mistake.

Well, you know. Depreciation.

I'm locking this thread because I really don't think we're on topic any more, but if you guys want to continue your discussion about the merits of highly-customizable PCs (particularly their faces), fear not, for there is another place to which you can go. :nuke:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)