Sins of a Solar Empire

Nick_i_am

As a rabid fan of both Homeworld and Civ4 this game gets the 'want' section of my brain rolling.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30077.html

I remember getting excited about this game a long while back then fogetting it existed and assuming it had died.

Demo 'within a month', but given the recent reviews and new videos i'm getting pretty excited even if none of the rest of you jerks care.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28110.html

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

It's not so much that it's MP focused as much that it doesn't have a single player campain, much like Civ4.

Not really an RTS though, more like a 4X game with heavy RTS elements (or rather, options, since you don't HAVE to touch them).

Frankly, campains are not easy things for 4X games, so it's kind of understandable, the only one I can think of that really had one was Imperium Glactica 2 (counting out Civ 'scenarios').

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

This is on top my want list. Id the AI can actually do the things that they flaunt and if the imperium three feature is as functional as it sounds, this might very well top several fave 4x games of mine.

What I'm most interested about, however, is how they will accost the problem of scale: Will the AI be able to withstand the amount of info and still seem like an intelligent opponent? Can the fun in the game survive or is every scenario going to be relatively similar yet massive undertaking, leading to droning automation from the player? Will variety survive? And most importantly, is three factions enough to fill the void?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Demo first. My demands for RTS games have become higher these days. Building stuff and destroying stuff is not enough for me anymore, I also want talking heads and space princesses now.

From my experience with the game, I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.