AoD interview at Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Jora

:sorcerer: The latest combat video of the upcoming RPG messiah generated some buzz (both positive and negative) which lead to journalist Kieron Gillen having a long chat with the lead dev Vince Weller ("Vaultman" on this board). They talk a lot about the state of the industry among other things.

Go read it yourself and rant away! Is this man potentially dangerous or should we follow his lead to a happier future?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1028

Overall, I
Edited by Jora

As someone pointed out in the comments, it's nice to have an interview that actually seems to contain some form of interaction between the two people. I've gotten so used to the standard questions that gets asked in interviews, that it really stood out to me. Good job on that.

I always like reading VDs comments on the industry, it's fun to watch people get pissed off. :sorcerer: I agree with most of his points as well. Even though VD might be on the other extreme of the spectrum, it's just refreshing to see a developer not going the "super polite and respectful" route when asked about things.

AoD is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most, together with the Purgatorio mod for NWN2.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The game Prelude to darkness that he mentions, was made by people from my University :thumbsup: I remember playing an alpha back in 2005

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh, yeah. I was thinking of http://penumbra-overture.com/ which was called something similar at one point.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have to admit, it's always a pleasure to read VD's stuff. He has that crazy sense of humour and most of the time he makes good points, or at least points that make sense. It's a nice -out of the ordinary- interview. :)

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?