SD card or microSD

ramza

Hello all,

I have been with the same ISP for quite some time now and I have gained a certain number of fidelity points that can be exchanged with various items.

From the list we get to choose from, I noticed they were offering a 1GB Dane-Elec SD card for 6800 points and a 1GB Dane-Elec microSD card. After making a quick search on google, Dane-Elec microSD cards always come with a full-sized SD adapter in the same package.

What I really need is a SD card for both my camera and my laptop, but using a microSD one with an adapter should have the same effect as a pure SD card (from what I have understood at least). As you can see, the microSD card costs less points. This will allow me to buy one more item, which wouldn't be possible if I took the other card.

Is there a big difference between the two cards? Does the adapter make the microSD card as effective as the pure one? Which one should I take?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Some links:

http://www.amazon.com/DANE-ELEC-Dane-Elec-...9777&sr=8-2

http://store.treocentral.com/dane-elec-1gb...7A128A1233A.htm

QUOTE:

All of DaneElec's microSD cards come bundled with a microSD to SD card adaptor, allowing you to use your microSD card in any device that accepts traditional SD cards, such as your digital camera, laptop, or another smartphone.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The only things you need to think about are memory capacity and write transfer speed of the card, if you have a choice. Otherwise there's no working difference between the different SD cards ... except how easily you can misplace a card that tiny. :)

I've read that if your devices are really old, they might not recognize the larger capacity (above 2GB) SDHC cards, but it probably doesn't effect majority of people these days, and it doesn't sound like that's one of your options anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

MicroSD will work in more devices, since you can take the Micro out the adapter and slide it in a phone or camera, etc. I'd go with that since the capacity is the same.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

MicroSD will work in more devices, since you can take the Micro out the adapter and slide it in a phone or camera, etc. I'd go with that since the capacity is the same.

Yep, I use a MicroSD in my Sansa Sandisk MP3 player. It's awesome.