Master Vrook - New and improved?

************SPOILERS AHEAD************************

Hi.

I'm doing my fifth run of TSL, for the first time ever with a Jedi Sentinel (prestige Sith Assassin).

I'm at my second planet - Dantooine, and with the help of Kreia's XP bonus I've reached as far as 17th level (15th sentinel, 2nd assassin). The other four times I've defeated TSL, which I've always enjoyed, I really have had no problems with the battles. Not a one. TSL is indeed usually an easy game combat-wise.

Or so I thought. Here I am, trying to beat Master Vrook, whom I've had no trouble with in the past, an he is absolutely insane all of the sudden. All attempts to hinder him via, for example, Plague, proove pointless, he heals them of in no time. I can barely hit him; on five attacks (two weapons, flurry, master speed) 0 attacks usually hits; 1 if I'm lucky! He, however, has no problem striking me down. He does this with two attacks, usually dealing 50 or 60 damage per attack. That's 120 damage per round! I'm defenceless against this; no amount of shields (which I have lots of) or Life Support packages (which I have even more of) will help me! They will simply put out my inevitable defeat. I've gone at this battle from all angels - but nothing seems to work. What I really can't figure out is, if I have had such an easy time with him in the past, why am I suddenly getting my behind severely whooped?

- Grunker

use traps - or just come back later :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

I always found him bothersome - which was good, in a way, because few moments in the game come close to the satisfaction one feels on killing Vrook, so it's right that it should be long and difficult, and thus to be savoured.

Have you tried hiding behind the trees? I've heard that works for some people.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

higher difficulty level this time?

Nope, I never played this game on anything but normal.

I always found him bothersome - which was good, in a way, because few moments in the game come close to the satisfaction one feels on killing Vrook, so it's right that it should be long and difficult, and thus to be savoured.

Well, what bothers me is, I never did find him this tough. After beating him two other times, with difficulty but not lifethreatening difficulty, how come I suddenly can't? What's different?

Anyways, thanks for your comments :)

higher difficulty level this time?

Nope, I never played this game on anything but normal.

Well, what bothers me is, I never did find him this tough. After beating him two other times, with difficulty but not lifethreatening difficulty, how come I suddenly can't? What's different?

Anyways, thanks for your comments :)

With all due respect, the Sith assassin and Jedi Watchman (including sentinel) is the weakest combat oriented class, well maybe the exception of a Jedi Councellar.

Sith Marauder ftw mate >.> :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

have you tried using stealth or mines or anything?

plague should definitely help you out a lot. after all, it's impossible for them to save against it (DC 100 or something)

how are your sabers? have you gone for pure damage potential, or crit-based?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Plague's no help, he heals it of. While that leaves me a window to attack him, it's no use. As I said, I only hit him on one attack, if I'm lucky.

As for my crystals, they're crit-based. Haven't got the best crystals yet, seeing as Dantooine is only my second planet. So I hadn't exactly much choice in which crystals I use; I've got six total, and two sabers.

With all due respect, I know Assassin and Watchman are the weakest classes. That's why I haven't played TSL as anyone of them before. I just wanted to try :aiee:

Anyways, I left Dantooine, completed Korriban, and went back to bash old Vrook's skull in. Annoying that I couldn't deal with him as normal, but as long as it wasn't game-stopping, no worries.

• 1 month later...

I went one time Sentinel/Assassin and had no trouble, and last week I played guardian/watchman and it was even easier as far as can remember. I always play difficult, cause otherwise it's just pure waste of time playing the game to just hack thru bad guys like paper.

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"