Icewind Dale 2 Soundtrack - Strange version

roshan

I have the normal Icewind Dale 2 soundtrack, which has all the tracks from Icewind Dale 2 plus the Heart of Winter soundtrack as well, with a total of 40 tracks. However, I found a strange version of the sountrack on the internet, which has 42 tracks in total. It starts with most of the Icewind Dale 2 tracks, then plays about half of the HOW tracks, and then has 21 pieces from the original Icewind Dale 1 soundtrack. Now, the 51 track version of the original Icewind Dale sountrack contains all the tracks from the original game. However, this version of the IWD2 soundtrack has several IWD1 pieces that I cant find in the original IWD1 soundtrack. These tracks I cant find are 21, 39 and 42. Since I extracted all the files from the IWD1 music folder in order to make sure that the soundtrack contained all the tracks, Im pretty sure these werent in the original game. Another odd thing about this version of the sountrack is that both Kuldahar tracks have slightly extended beginnings, and there is a track similar to Kresselacks Tomb but with different instruments.

Does anyone know anything about an alternative version of the IWD2 soundtrack?

Edited by roshan

Where did you get this?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not really. I have the 51 track version that came with my Icewind Dale - The Ultimate Collection (which despite it's name didn't have Trials of the Luremaster on CD *Grrr!!!*)

I wonder what version you found there :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not really. I have the 51 track version that came with my Icewind Dale - The Ultimate Collection (which despite it's name didn't have Trials of the Luremaster on CD *Grrr!!!*)

I wonder what version you found there :(

I found it as an archive on a file sharing program. I dont have any information on the tracks except the numbers. What really puzzles me are the three tracks that i cant seem to locate on the official soundtracks, but are definitely in the Icewind Dale style, as well as the three altered tracks. Something gives me the feeling that this might have been an authentic but very rare release, not a fake compilation.