Two Worlds

Gorth

http://www.2-worlds.com/

Anybody seem more, heard something or better yet, played the demo? :)

I discovered it by accident while looking for some history for world war two (you just have to love google sometimes).

Looks interesting, but appearances can be deceiving. I would rather hear some first hand experiences.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't even rent. Number one it looks horrible number 2 gamespy gave it a 1 out of 5. I've heard it is absolutely horrible. The voice acting is absolutely atrocious and one guy sounds like captain planet who we all know was a blatant homosexual pedophile.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

:lol:

That might just save me my precious time and the bandwidth of downloading the demo next Weekend :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've actually played it and I can't say I recommend it. Imagine a game that combines the worst design choices from both Oblivion and Gothic 3, add in some pretty poor performance (especially given that the graphics aren't all that) and voice acting so poorly written and horribly acted that it makes the writers and actors at Bethesda look like absolute geniuses. Yes, the writing is really that bad.

The story is supposed to be kinda good though, but I never got far enough to find that out.

Good Lord, Spider. I take it you didn't like it? hahaha It's good to get the straight scoop on these things. I hate embarrassing writing and embarrassing voice over work equally.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If one could get past the horrible writing and voice acting there is some fun to be had for a while. I think I played it for about ten hours (or maybe less) before quitting. It wasn't completely without charm, but not enough to be worth it. Thinking back I can't put my fingers on what kept me from uninstalling it within half an hour. Controls were pretty bad, combat was much too difficult (and not in a good way, almost every encounter forcing several reloads is just ridiculous) and it used some sort of level scaling I believe. So I guess it's the game actually being better than the sum of it's parts. But the sum wasn't very high to begin with, so it's still a pretty bad game.

And let's not forget the fact that horses were even harder to control than in Oblivion and that it kept getting stuck in lines in the terrain. If you weren't riding on the roads, the horse would get stuck ALL the time (and you really wanted the horses, because you had to run an awful lot).

If I were to grade it I think I'd give it a 3-4 out of 10 (on a true 1-10 scale, not the computer mag scale where everything starts at 6).