Mod project for KotOR II

Hello everyone! :)

I've been kinda obsessed with KotOR II lately and I thought the game lacked dialogues.. Compared to the first game or other games like Baldur's Gate 2.

So after seeing so many people complain about the same thing all over the internet, I searched for mods that might add some content like that.

I found a few threads in which people were talking about making a romance mod, but they seem to have given up. :ermm:

So yeah, I decided to start on a mod myself, a mod that would add dialogues of all kinds: flirts, arguments, jokes, whatever.

I know it's an ambitious project, maybe too ambitious, we'll see.. :sweat:

For the moment I am focusing on adding dialogues to a game played as a female Exile, but if many people are interested and participate, we could definately do the same for the male Exile.

I have no idea if other people have started on a similar project, but if you have we should join forces. :)

I have set up a forum to keep ideas organized. Here's the link:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/KotOR2_dialoguemod/

I just set it up so yes it is pretty empty for the moment but it's filling up slowly with ideas and such.

If you're interested in this mod, then please join us! We need help with everything! And suggestions are welcome. :)

Thanks a bunch for reading! :)

Good luck to you. I don't really think it's possible, unless you can get all the original V.O actors back(Which would be damn near impossible, unfortunately) to say the romance dialogue CLEARLY(You'd probably have to have a sound studio, or a quiet room with one hell of a voice recorder), then it would be a simple matter of giving your PC the words to trigger the actions.

Not to put you or your project down, but it's simply impossible.:(

Edited by jodo kast 5

And then you consider the fact that Team Gizka has been working on this for some years now, with a whole team of people and essentially just restoring content and fixing bugs, but to go as far as actually create new scenarios and dialogue, etc...

I wouldn't say impossible, but I would definitely say 99.999999% improbable. The ambition needed to undertake such a task simply does exist in one person.

wookiedance.gif

Humm.. Well thanks for your support guys.. :(

We're making a dialogue pack, just like Allronix did for KotOR, and it won't have voice overs..

So yeah, people will not like to have to read the dialogues, but oh well, just don't get the mod then. :lol:

We are ONLY adding dialogues, unlike Team Gizka that had to do much more, and I already have the help of two modders who have experience in editing dialogue files. And they say it is absolutely feasible and that it would take a few months of hard work.

So I know it's possible, and I won't give up, I'm serious with this project and we've already started writing dialogues.

I guess it does take a lot of ambition and will, but what doesn't in life? I'm not afraid, and I'll do this. It's already a work in progress anyway!

Now that you have established that there won't be spoken VO for the new dialogues, due to obvious reasons, you'll probably understand why K2 had nothing near the amount of BG 2 in dialogue. Imagine voicing every line of dialogue in, till exempel, the Aerie romance and then animating the whole thing. Heh, get the idea?

That said, good luck. Hope your team members share your ambition, otherwise it's destined to fail. Mark my words on this, devotion is admirable, but for every mod project that succeeds or even gets an internal alpha out, there's a fifty more that die in the start steps. Either it's the end of the creative rush or, sadly this is more probable, they just "found something better to do".

Keep at it, and keep your friends at it, we'll be here to gladly play it if you succeed.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes I totally understand why a game like KotOR couldn't have the amount of dialogues BG2 had. It's logical.

A ton of great mods were created! I worked on other mods before, for BG2 and Neverwinter Nights. They take a long time to finish, but in the end the person who created the mod is satisfied with himself/herself. It could be compared to writing a book, or rather writing a fan fiction because with a book you'd actually make money. :p

Some of my team members might not share my ambition and might give up but I won't, I'll see it through, even if it takes me a year.

Glad to hear some people would actually play it, but I keep telling myself that even if no one wanted to play it but me, I'd still have great pleasure playing it!

Mods are awesome in the way that they keep our favorite games alive, making them fun to play over and over again. I have played amazing mods that were created for other games and I was grateful that people made those mods. Now I guess it's my turn to add some content to a great game.

Thanks to the few people who support me, my project isn't doomed, and I'm working very hard on it. :)

I'll keep at it! :down:

I hope so. My NWN 1 modding career was so short-lived. And I'm just a lousy betaer in other modding communities I inhabit(ed).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I didn't read longer than "lacked in dialogues".

K2 has more words than K1, so thnxbye

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)