New stuff on F3

Pop

By the time FO3 is released, almost half a human generation will have passed since FO1. There's a chance that there wil be kids playing FO3 who weren't even alive when I bought my copy of Fallout back in 1996 or whenever. If someone has the expectation that a game called FO3 must in some way imitate, duplicate, replicate, or regurgitate a game that old, made by different developers, funded by a different publisher, in a different time then they need to understand that their expectations are what need to be examined because they are flawed.

Is this post an advocation for selling games to minors?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Ten year olds won't be allowed to buy FO3, sorry CrashGirl.

Nothing wrong with Bethesda taking a ten year old game and trying to replicate it in some way, if that's what they want to do. If that's not so much what they want to do, that's fine as well, as long as it's not completely different. It can still bear the name of FO3. By that time, the name has a different sort of signification and whiel some in positions such as Sand's might still see it as some sort of deviance, not too many will care overmuch.

We don't condone that kind of morally reprehensive, illegal behaviour on this forum. The vast majority of the civilised world would never do such a thing.

Ten year olds won't be allowed to buy FO3, sorry CrashGirl.

Huh? But isn't that the vast majority of Bethesda's fanbase? Besides, mummy and daddy can always get it for the kids instead.

i think thats why there are no decent AO games at all

Mummy and Daddy could still get a AO game, though. Problem's just if Mummy and Daddy have tastes of a kid, nobody should wonder there're no decent games available.