bootable cd?

Arkan

Ok, so I tried using Nero to make a bootable CD, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do, or what it's supposed to do. I want the cd to make it to where when the computer starts, it boots to the command prompt at the D: drive so I can use a cd from that point. Am I missing something?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Man, do I feel like a tool...

I suppose it would help if I put the CD in the correct drive, huh?

D'oh!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

i would've just edited my first post with a "nevermind" and hoped not enough of us would have read it. instead, prepare for heckling. :teehee:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm not embarassed by my mistakes. It's how we learn...

spoken like a true recipient of some mild heckling, hehe.

going through the heckling process is also a learning opportunity. i'm expecting some from a boo-boo at work yesterday. :brows:

taks

spoken like a true recipient of some mild heckling, hehe.

taks

Oh no! They're onto me! :)

You're learning how to heckle better from your work colleagues? ;)

no, i accidentally re-tarred an empty directory over a back-up tarball of some software i was working on. the guy that wrote the software is out of town, and i did not have access to any of his original files. 25 hours of work getting that one straightened out. i basically had to go through and figure out all of the stuff the other guy already figured out (like why the devices were not getting mapped properly), then add in a fix (sent from the vendor) to solve the problem i was originally working on.

nobody actually heckled me, however, though we all agreed that i should get the SVN system up and running. hard to do with a bunch of contractors that work at home...

taks