Taran Pigkeepers journey ends

Hurlsnot

Lloyd Alexander just passed away. He was an incredibly influential writer for me as a child, and I was pretty sad to hear the news. Still, it sounds like he lived a pretty fruitful life well into his 80's. Anyone else read his books? The Black Cauldron was also one of my first real experiences with computer games. I remember just being blown away by it.

It seems like we've lost a few really good authors lately.

I had a news link, but something happened to the last topic I tried to create.

This is sad news :)

I remember reading The Black Cauldron years ago. Despite the cartoony cover, it wasn't the story I was expecting as a kid. There was death and betrayal and all that good stuff and I loved every moment of it. I think it was one of the first fantasy books I ever read.

Rest in Peace.

I read The Black Cauldron and the others in the series, too. I really enjoyed them, and it spurred me on to read the Mabinogion, which is definitely worth anyone's time. I had no idea that Wales had much of a mythology of its own - blame our English-centric education system, I guess. To an American who helped me better understand my own country's culture, many thanks - and rest in peace.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)