TV: The Shield

Welcome to 2006. :o

New season's on torrent sites from 1-9 (there are either 10 or 11 episodes) and it's a doozy. The Shield is the best when it comes to taking things that happened in one episode in season X and keeping them under the rug for awhile only to bring them back and make them story critical in Season Y. It took them 5 years to even touch the cop murder that started the show. Most shows (ahem Sopranos) are content to let plot threads die as soon as new ones pop up. Every season of the Shield might be covered this time around.

They took the wise route and used the Season 5 plot twist as a screw-tightener to make things more intense, rather than using it as a one-off powder keg. Vic doesn't react to the truth the way that most fans would expect him to. I'm wondering how they're going to finish off the series in a satisfactory way.

Edited by Pop

I know I'm late into the game, but it's a problem of having to deal with a television network that imports series slowly and airs them at ludicrous hours. The Shield is usually aired somewhere at 3 AM, and the same network airs Arrested Development between 3 to 4 AM). The schedule makes it so I'm the only person I know who manages to be awake to watch the show, leaving me with no one else to talk about it. Every time I saw a great episode, I was frustrated for the whole week because no one else around knows what I'm talking about.

I've been following the series as closely as possible ever since the second season, and it's been one of my all time favorites. When I saw Shane's attitude in that episode I knew something major was about to go down. Then... The blast. Goddamn it.

Edited by Role-Player

I noticed Heavy.com were running legit episodes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.