MassMffect Q & A @ Gamespy

Volourn

Can someone please clarify for me whether or not mass effect will be on pc. I read somewhere that it was a long time ago, but I saw something that it was only for xbox 360 and I'm really scared and going to be very infuriated if it's not on pc....

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It is a XBox 360 exclusive until Bioware decides it is overall popular enough to bring it to the PC, much like Jade Empire. ME will more than likely come to the PC but probably a year or three after the XBox 360 version. Personally, I can wait. I am not going to get a XBox 360 till it is actually worth the money to get and no console is worth more than $100 USD.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ok thanks, thats pretty much what I figured.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It is a XBox 360 exclusive until Bioware decides it is overall popular enough to bring it to the PC, much like Jade Empire. ME will more than likely come to the PC but probably a year or three after the XBox 360 version. Personally, I can wait. I am not going to get a XBox 360 till it is actually worth the money to get and no console is worth more than $100 USD.

The sales for JE were midrange.

Moreover, they've already committed to 3 ME titles on the x360.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I know. What I am seeing is when ME2 comes for the XBox360 we will see ME for the PC. When ME3 for the XBox 360 hit the shelves we will have ME2 for the PC, then with ME3 a year or two after. Of course, this is me being optimistic.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

It happened with Halo, it happened with Jade Empire. Microsoft doesn't care about the sales lost by diehard PC users waiting two years for the game to be ported; that does not come into their considerations at allw hen they sign these 'exclusive' releases.

I am very sure we will eventually see ME on PC if it is successful.

"Microsoft doesn't care about the sales lost"

Not really up to MS when it comes to whether or not ME is ported to PC. It's up to BIO. Though, chances are, BIO agreed to a sweet deal for xbox 360 exclusivity - at least for 1 year - much like JE. Remember, MS didn't even publish JE's PC version. BIO owns ME; MS doesn't.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

When its done. :)

Absolutely sexy trailer.

Interetsing to note, however, is that Shepard never spoke in it. Heh.

As for release date, rumours have it due by the end of June; but as always no official date by BIO.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...
Spamming some more...

A new video. Pretty good though the talking voices are rather low, and can be hard to hear. Otehrwsie, totally sweet:

http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18702936.html

That's what Mr. Priestly over Bioware just said:

Actually, that's a really old video. That was done as an introduction to the E3 2006 demonstration. I'm not sure how the site got it as it was never meant to be shown publicly as the current stuff is all so much better.