An Act of War?

Sand

"Iran steered through this conflict quite ingeniously"

How though? If it was so ingenious everyone would buy it. The only ones who bought what iran was saying were those who are pro Iranian big wigs anyways. With very few exemptions.

You are looking at the immidiate effects right now, sure at this point they've accomplished nothing, they are back to sqaure one .. but the fact that we are having this discussion means that they've made an impact into the world scene for more than a nuclear program.

I think they did this as a PR mission, not to show how merficul or strong they are. But to show that they are defiant and that they were able to capture Coalition soldiers (on their own turf) without any serious reprecussions. This also sends an image out into the world that US and it's allied are too busy (maybe to weak?) to enforce the laws in their captured regions - this, plus the fact that we haven't caputred Osama Bin Laden and along with all those other small problems, illustrates that the West is not as strong as they appear. This maybe be untrue, but that's what the rest of the world sees. Iran was throwing a dry twig on a small fire - and if it continues I'll gurantuee you that that fire will grow out of proportion sometime soon!

It only takes one to listen before you are heard.

Fortune favors the bald.

"Iran steered through this conflict quite ingeniously"

How though? If it was so ingenious everyone would buy it. The only ones who bought what iran was saying were those who are pro Iranian big wigs anyways. With very few exemptions.

It seems that Iran didn't like having a big bullseye painted on them from the Western powers.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The more "global" the world becomes the more likely we humans will kill each other off. Everyone thinks they have the best form of government, the best form of religion, best form of thinking, and everyone else is wrong and some think that those who are wrong deserve to be invaded, killed, and forced to their way of thinking.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Human beings are social creatures and we like our lil' cliques as well. Those who are different are often ridiculed and sometimes violence is acted upon them. That is just the way humans are.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Through knowledge of human nature, we are freed to improve upon it. I don't know about the rest of humanity, but I certainly don't advocate violence. And if I can do it, then so can other people.

It's getting one side to stop first that's the trick.

There are doors

Certainly an individual an stop being violent. A mob on the other hand...

It all boils down that we just cannot leave each other alone and interfere, sticking our nose where it does not belong. If we learn to stop doing that then the violence will probably follow.

They only agreed to the war because they were fools to believe Bush's claims of WMDs in Iraq which has been long since proven false. The goal was to make sure Saddam is not a threat tot he US. He's dead. He's no longer a threat. Mission accomplished. Keep in mind, Volourn, a lot of the Democrats are in office now because they stated they wanted to get our troops out and they got elected on that premise. Its not just the Democrats but the majority of the US people want our troops home. We gave Bush 4 years. He failed. Time to move on.

You are an idiot, Sand.

You are an idiot, Sand.

Ow. That hurts. Really. Your cutting words have me in tears. Really. Your cunning intellect astounds me. Really. Oh. The humanity. Oh. :)

Edited by Sand

Sometimes I am so proud of this forum I want to cry. No, wait, that's not pride... =]

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.