Dancing with the Stars

LadyCrimson

I personally like ballroom dancing, but it's admittedly not normally very interesting to watch on TV so I've never bothered watching this reality/contest show before. But I checked out its re-cap episode tonight, and despite the predictable agony of bad hosts, guests who were there to advertise their own shows/albums (Donny Osmond, argh!), and Paula Abdul-like cheerleader judges, watching the actual "stars" dance was fairly entertaining.

Apollo the speedskater was charming and a decent dancer. The tall basketball player can't really dance, but he's so utterly sweet looking you just want to hug him and cheer him on anyway. And when I saw Cliff from Cheers I burst out in a chuckle and was grinning so much I thought my chin would sheer off. I was mildly disappointed he didn't work in a foaming mug of beer and a mailmain suit into a routine, tho ...

Ok, now that I've nauseated everyone ... anyone else think the show is kinda charming for it's amateur star dancers? Or has my heald cold caused me to lose my senses? :thumbsup::shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't watched, and likely won't, but I am hoping the beatle's ex wife will fling her leg across the room.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, there's a lot of articles on her and her "role" in the show; ie, public relations attempt...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I prefer, by far, So You Think You Can Dance.

It's a lot like American Idol except that they actually create their own choreography so it's not like a karaoke competition. Most of the contestants are actual dancers that want to make it big and the whole affair is usually quite spectacular.

Oh and the judges aren't a joke either.

Truly top talents.

With great shame I must admit that this is the 3rd season of Dancing with the Stars that Ive watched and I quite like it. It constantly amazes me how fast the pros can whip non-pros into shape, and not just barely-getting-by, but pretty good. Heather Mills (McCartney) is actually unbelievably good when you take into consideration her leg. For christ sake, she did a back walkover (like an assisted backflip) last episode!!

I will now go stand in the corner and think about what Ive done.